DS 4.14 and Octane Issue

After installing DS 4.14 (Windows 10 laptop, Intel i7 9th generation, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 2060 card) last week, a few issues arose.  Last week, I installed the Octane Render Kit from DAZ3D.  Now, once I load a prop or scene into DS 4.14, the ability to launch a new file window (File/New menu item or Ctrl-N) goes away; refer to the attached screen capture. This issue does not happen if I create a new light or a new primitive. Even Ctrl-N does not work to open a new file. My only recourse is to close DS.

After a few days of exploring the issue, it appears that if I do not log in/activate Octane when I launch DS 4.14, the ability to launch a new file window goes away as soon as I load a prop other than a primitive.  If I log in/activate Octane, the File/New menu item remains available to me.

Has anyone had this or similar issues with DS 4.14 and Octane?

Joe

File-New missing from menu.jpg
1920 x 686 - 240K

Comments

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 737

Thats weird. Activate your Octane plugin from windows startup. Are you having issues with Octane also. Try disabling the plugin under Help About Installed plugins by unchecking the box beside OctaneRender. Exit Studio and try again. If you are still having the issue then it may be Studio related. Re-enable the plugin to confirm the issue returns.

Check you Log file for errors or warnings. 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 596

I'm a long-time dabbler at 3D computer graphics.  I have no intent to become a professional at it but now that I have retired, I have a lot more time to give to it. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not having issues with Octane itself, but I've only had it for about a week and have not explored it much.  I'd like to play around with Octane so I don't want to disable or uninstall it.  But, I don't want to activate it when Windows starts either.  I can live with activating it when I start DS so that I can launch a new file window at will.