Attach a chain to two RigidFollowNode objects

Hello,

I have recented purchased a product where the creators use Rigid Follow Node to place the object onto the body. There are two parts, left and right. They have included a chain. However, whenver I click on the left object, the chain is attached to the left object and not the right object. I tried to group them together, but them in a null, but I can't simply attach the chain onto both objects. Any suggestion?

1.png
525 x 274 - 21K
2.png
341 x 227 - 11K

Comments

• Are there no instructions in the read me? I can't think how that could work - an item can have only one parent, so there's no way to do what you are trying as such.

• The readme simply said that it's not for genesis figure but for the objects. The creator showcased the final image where the chain is attached to both objects. 

Perhaps someone might know a adjustable chain that can connect two objects?

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

This is what I did with a chain:

I think it was an old "posable chain" I got somewhere. For it to work well I sent it to Hexagon and decimated it down a few times. Then I sent it back to Daz Studio as a new object and transfered the rigging back from the original.

After that I went into the geometry editor and created 2 new surfaces with each of the end links in the chain and added a dforce modifier to the chain. Finally, I set the dynamic strength to 0 for the 2 end surfaces.

So now all I have to do is position the 2 end pieces where I want them, then run a dforce drape on the chain for a natural look.

I bit of work to get it set up, but once it was done, I saved it as a new scene subset so I can just merge it into a scene and use it whenever I need it.

• Hi Kaotkbliss, that sounds like a very sensible and pragmatic approach. 

The annoying thing is that clearly there is a way to connect these chains....

Yes, they are clamps..., but I used them to create my outfit for a goth character :-P

Has anyone used this Vunter Slaush product?

Screenshot 2020-11-29 015818.png
    653 x 667 - 129K
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I'm guessing the way they set it up is you apply the clamps like clothing to the character, then have to manually pose the chain between the clamps