Daz Central, DIM, and Downloading, Closed Doors on Black Friday Weekend.

I have got to say, after seeing all the posts in the last 2 days about CMS failing, This has got to be the biggest mess up ever..... Absolutly no download and install capabilities during the biggest sales days of the year. People with new computers trying to port over thier content only to find total frustration. Someone is going to get fired for this.... Support is going to be overwelmed and your customer service is in an unfortunate condition. You've got some really angry customers, and I am one them. I have purchased thousands of dollars in content and I can't access anything. I'm fuming.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• I certainly can't blame you for being angry.

Is the problem new purchases or is it affecting your whole history? Is it a lack of any links, or are the downloads there but failing to complete? If it's an absolute lack of links then all I can suggest is opening a support ticket as it's probably an account-specific issue (though it may be worth waiting twenty-four hours, if you haven't already, to give it a chance to clear on its own). If it's downloads, Daz is in contact with its CDN provider over the problems that have been affecting some product for some users - it may be worth trying again from time to time as it does seem to fluctuate (perhaps depending on which server your request hits). It's obviously very frustrating for customers, and for Daz, but tracking down intermittent issues is always harder than an absolute, across the board failure.

• everything worked fine for me yesterday. But now daz central dashboard wont stop loading so i can literally not do anything. Also put thousands of dollars into this...

• Yeah, I have to say this has  been a complete SH** show. And it's been weeks & weeks. 1st you guys rolled out a new website, then you rolled out a New version of Daz Studio, and on top of this you've had back to back massive sales events going on. Did anyone up in management, say hey maybe, this is far too much to try to execute all at the same time, and what happens when we don't. Given Daz's track record in the past( which  to be honest, has not been that good.) you would think someone would say " hey let's not try to do this, all at once, because we have a high probability of angering a ton of cutomers. BUT.... that never seems to be part of the conversation. Bottom line is dollars, always have been, always will be. You guys assume  that customer goodwill ,will always come back, and that support services will always be able to handle it. But, that's a lousy business model. I've sent out numerous support tickets this month and that's even before Black Friday hit. I am currently waiting to download those purchases... as my product library has download links that don't work. Oh and that's all on top of the immense difficulty of trying to get DS 4.12, to work with Catalina, now to find out that Daz Studio doesn't work at all with Big Sur and you won't have a fix until the mid-year of 2021! I can't stress to you, how incompetent you guys look and how frustrating is is to be at your mercy. Say what you will about Poser, but I've never ever had the kinds of issues with Poser that I have with Studio. If it wasn't for the content incompatibility, I would've never ported my work flow over to DS ( if work flow is even ever a possiblity with DS.). As it is, I have six months to figure out whether I just chuck you guys, head back to Poser, eat the investment I've made in DS and never look back. By the by Poser just released a new version, and guess what? It's mac compatible. Bondware, yes bondware that software behemoth, has beaten you to the mac market place. If that self-inflicted wound doesn't stick in your craw, I guess nothing will.