Can't get Dforce and LAMH fur products to render

Fenris9Fenris9 Posts: 56

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have had difficulty getting furry/hairy products to render in Daz Studio, in particular AM's Wolf 2 and todays' purchase the Direwolf. When I initially load such a figure and apply the fur coat the program informs me of a deficiency in 'dual-lobed' something or other, which is apparently not loaded (the notice is gone almost instantly). The hair appears to be on the model in texture-shaded mode, but when nvidia render is used the hair disappears. When I try to do a proper iray render the model doesn't appear and then the program crashes. Whilst my hardware isn't exactly new, it is still a reasonable spec - AMD 4130 quadcore (3.8Ghz), GTX 1050i 4GB, 14249MB total memory, 20GB RAM  ....surely enough to render a single Direwolf, with no other figures or props present ?

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? I've reinstalled Daz Studio, as well as reinstalled 'Dforce Essentials' but to no avail!

Thanks for any pointers you can suggest.

Post edited by Fenris9 on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I don't have LAMH and I could be remembering wrong, but I believe once you got the hair looking the way you want, you then need to export as an object and load that back into the scene to render with Iray.

• Fenris9Fenris9 Posts: 56
    edited November 2020

Yeah, its been a while since I tried the LAMH options as I had similar issues with it. I had hoped the Dforce style hair would be more straightforward to use.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

Are you using the dForce, LAMH or Catalyzer version of the fur? That's not really clear from your post. dForce hair not appearing in Iray preview by default is normal behavior.

Regarding the "dual lobe" error message, maybe try reinstalling the DS default resources which contain the base shaders.

• Fenris9Fenris9 Posts: 56
    edited November 2020

At the moment I've focused my efforts on the Dforce type of hair (on the Direwolf figure).

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, I'll try reinstalling these resouces. Do you know if these files are available separately from the installer, or are they part of the DazStudio installation?