Files Not Downloading in Install manager

AlmuricAlmuric Posts: 15

Has anyone else run into a situation where certain files simply refuse to download? They might get to 30, 40, sometimes even 50 percent and then just crash. I'm using Install Manager.. Most of the files are downloading just fine but so far I've identified the following problem files:

• Spooky & Dramatic Lights Iray HDRIs
  • Space Stones DS
  • Maw Wurm DS
  • Castle Room
  • Castle Courtyard
  • Cliffhanger Legacy
  • Nomad Module DS
  • Iridessa
  • Fantasy IBL - Above the Clouds HDRI (3 of 3)

I'm fairly sure there will be more - there were several I had to download ten or more times before they succeeded, but this is super-frustrating. If anyone from Daz is out here, it would be nice to know what you guys are doing - I've never had these kinds of problems before.  I've checked my connection and I'm getting good consistent download speeds everywhere except with Daz. I'm on Win 10 Pro 64-bit, and running Install Manager 1.4.0.67.

Anyone have any ideas?

Post edited by Almuric on

Comments

• I can't download file: IM00048573-01_HDRICleanSkiesParks1of4.zip from purchased :

HDRI Clean Skies Parks

non direct download nor DAZ Install Manager (64-bit)

Order: #DA20-1127-65F5-6DCD-C9AD

• I've just experienced failed downloads with Install Manager for the first time today. I wonder if it has anything to do wih heavy traffic due to the Black Friday sale.

• I was having DIM install fails and now none of my purchases are showing up to download in DIM.  I manually downloaded them but that certainly wasn't as much fun!  :)

• mereasner said:

I was having DIM install fails and now none of my purchases are showing up to download in DIM.  I manually downloaded them but that certainly wasn't as much fun!  :)

Are they in Ready to Install?

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited November 2020

I am having download issues, too, and I have been for a while. Sometimes it downloads super fast, and other times it chugs. When it chugs it there is strong chance it will fail. Today I bought a few items and the first few downloaded fine. But the last item just refuses to complete, and I am getting agitated. I have attempted downloading it numerous times today without success.

This has happened with a large variety of products ever since the store change over. I made the huge mistake of not downloading some stuff before the change. It took a long time to be able to download some of that stuff. So this is not any one single item. The system needs...something. It makes downloading any sizeable product a nightmare. I might get 90% done on a GB download, only to have the whole download fail.

Edit to add that I have tried both DIM and manual installs. I am not using Connect.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • I am having download issues, too, and I have been for a while. Sometimes it downloads super fast, and other times it chugs. When it chugs it there is strong chance it will fail. Today I bought a few items and the first few downloaded fine. But the last item just refuses to complete, and I am getting agitated. I have attempted downloading it numerous times today without success.

This has happened with a large variety of products ever since the store change over. I made the huge mistake of not downloading some stuff before the change. It took a long time to be able to download some of that stuff. So this is not any one single item. The system needs...something. It makes downloading any sizeable product a nightmare. I might get 90% done on a GB download, only to have the whole download fail.

Edit to add that I have tried both DIM and manual installs. I am not using Connect.

I've placed three tickets for three different orders in which this has happened.  Two of them are from today, the first one was a couple of weeks ago.  :(

• AlmuricAlmuric Posts: 15
    edited November 2020

Thanks, everyone. Good to know it's not just me. I did notice that these issues have only started appearing regularly since I installed Daz Central - I ripped that off today and now most files are OK, but a few are still problematic. I'm seeing a lot of network errors and 'file size mismatch' errors in the logfile. 

@fibyken: Keep us posted on your support results. I'm really interested to know what they tell you.

@outrider42: Yes, I've seen that too. I do the manual DL as a last resort, but some of these won't even download manually. 

Post edited by Almuric on
  • GRIYAR said:

I can't download file: IM00048573-01_HDRICleanSkiesParks1of4.zip from purchased :

HDRI Clean Skies Parks

non direct download nor DAZ Install Manager (64-bit)

Order: #DA20-1127-65F5-6DCD-C9AD

Yep - lots of the HDRI files are having major issues. I noticed that today too.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited November 2020

Possibly coming back to Daz after a long hiatus,and I'm having the same issues. Decided to try out Daz Central and noticed it so I tried with DIM and same thing. So far these are the products I've tried that are failing:

Borg for Genesis 8 Female(s) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
    Project EYEray - Next Gen and Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
    Naia HD for Genesis 8 Female | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Almuric said:

Thanks, everyone. Good to know it's not just me. I did notice that these issues have only started appearing regularly since I installed Daz Central - I ripped that off today and now most files are OK, but a few are still problematic. I'm seeing a lot of network errors and 'file size mismatch' errors in the logfile. 

@fibyken: Keep us posted on your support results. I'm really interested to know what they tell you.

@outrider42: Yes, I've seen that too. I do the manual DL as a last resort, but some of these won't even download manually. 

I'll let you know, and you're right, I just attempted (again) to do a manual download and they're still failing.  They get to about 30 - 50% then fail.  :(

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

Same with me. The log says 'Network Error' and in some cases 'File not the same size.' Trying through DIM and also manual ZIP download don't work.

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 312
    edited November 2020

Especially large files can be prone to cutting out, while smaller ones seem OK. I'm intermittently getting the "internal server error" message too.

Does DAZ3D use its own download servers, or a 3rd-party host such as AWS? If it's AWS, it's had some massive gremlins of late.

Post edited by deepred6502 on
  • Especially large files can be prone to cutting out, while smaller ones seem OK. I'm intermittently getting the "internal server error" message too.

Does DAZ3D use its own download servers, or a 3rd-party host such as AWS? If it's AWS, it's had some massive gremlins of late.

From what Daz_Rawb posted in another thread it is a third-party provider (well, it has to be since it's a CDN - which implies servers around the world), but he didn't say which.

• Should we be compiling a list or is the consensus that it's a server issue and when it's resolved it will be resolved for everything? I have four files out of quite a few that I just bought that won't download in DIM. I can't even download them manually -- I get failed - network errors.

Strangely they were not the largest files I had downloaded after purchasing. ASN Model 4 (https://www.daz3d.com/asn-model-4) is only 84mb but won't download.

• AichaAicha Posts: 2

Getting download issues too, doesn't matter if I try DazCentral or DAZ Install Manager:

- Tara Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    - Sci-Fi HDRI Collection
    - Back Updo Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

My current problem download (DIM fails and so does manual) is Patterns VIntage China 1 Iray - (but China 2 worked just fine.)

• 2sharp2sharp Posts: 54

I am having touble with download problems also. Dim had failures on several products. I was able to manually download 9 of them but others will not  download no matter what.. Some of those that failed were less than 10 Meg I think it is time to dispute the charges on my credit card.

• 2sharp said:

I am having touble with download problems also. Dim had failures on several products. I was able to manually download 9 of them but others will not  download no matter what.. Some of those that failed were less than 10 Meg I think it is time to dispute the charges on my credit card.

That is over-reaction. If you have no faith in the downloads, despite Daz_Rawb's posts on working on the issue, then ask for a refund via a sales support ticket.

• Should we be compiling a list or is the consensus that it's a server issue and when it's resolved it will be resolved for everything? I have four files out of quite a few that I just bought that won't download in DIM. I can't even download them manually -- I get failed - network errors.

Strangely they were not the largest files I had downloaded after purchasing. ASN Model 4 (https://www.daz3d.com/asn-model-4) is only 84mb but won't download.

I don't know if Daz_Rawb needs more cases - it may depend on how the current batch are doing by the time the provider's tech team looks. Keep your own list, perhaps, but don't post it unless he asks for more data points.

• It seems likely the CMS is down. Both the DIM and Daz Central are not responding, all content is inaccessible. It is also likely that there is no one at Daz to fix it until Monday. They are home for Thanksgiving weekend. Very bad not having someone there to ensure systems are running during the Black Friday shopping weekend. This could cost someone thier job.
    I know I'm irritated.

• Broken network connection here too

• It seems likely the CMS is down. Both the DIM and Daz Central are not responding, all content is inaccessible. It is also likely that there is no one at Daz to fix it until Monday. They are home for Thanksgiving weekend. Very bad not having someone there to ensure systems are running during the Black Friday shopping weekend. This could cost someone thier job.
    I know I'm irritated.

This is not universal, however - I just logged into DIM and downloaded four updated products. As for theer being no one on, the person in charge of the web features was on and posting earlier. I appreciate that this is deeply frustrating for those who can't log on at all, or who can log on but whose downloads fail - however, the fact that it is not a universal issue makes it much harder to track down, and much harder to tell whether a fix has worked; it's not the answer you want to hear or that daz wants to give, but I can only ask you to exercise patience and perhaps try again after a while (especially in the wee small hours, US or European time, if that's an option).

• I've been having problems with downloads since yesterday.
    It's always the same products failing to download. They get partway through and fail. Glad to hear it's not just me.
    Maybe certain products are stored on some faulty server somehwere. Who knows.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328
    MelanieL said:

My current problem download (DIM fails and so does manual) is Patterns VIntage China 1 Iray - (but China 2 worked just fine.)

Well whoopee - I just managed to complete a manual download of this one.

These are the files that failed DIM loading

Drips and Drabs for Genesis 3 Female(s)       Download Failed (manual download worked)

DS Iray Emmissive Surfaces Mastery Course Download Failed so did manual attempt

English Saddle for DAZ Horse 2                    Download Failed (I was able to manually download the 9 separate zip files in this product)

English Saddle Textures                               Download Failed (manual download worked)

Knightly Barding                                          Download Failed so did manual attempt

Roman Cauldron and Tripods                        Download Failed so did manual attempt

The Garden Decor Collection                        Download Failed (manual download worked

Wagon Trail 1                                             Download Failed (manual download worked)

Wagon Trail 2                                             Download Failed (manual download worked)

3D Light Master                                          Download Failed so did manual attempt

Daz to Blender    Bridge                              Download Failed no manual download available

2sharp said:

That is over-reaction. If you have no faith in the downloads, despite Daz_Rawb's posts on working on the issue, then ask for a refund via a sales support ticket.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Well, add "Curly Hair and Facial Hair for Genesis 8 Males".  I submitted a ticket before I found this thread.

So is this an issue w/ DIM or specific zip files?

I was hoping for a positive response to my post and I thank you for providing it.

A complete shut down of my use of Daz Studio caused by DazCentral and the fact that it was 3 weeks before I got a response to my suuport ticket and that response was an apology for the delay and informing me that it will be several more weeks before my ticket will be addressed,  and recently, even more  difficulties with Daz and DazCentral as well my frustration levels are quite high. I need to migrate to a new computer. I tried to download DAZ Studio to it and got a link to download DazCentral. I most certainly did not want to do that but it  appeared,( afer trying to find a different path to a download of Daz Studio) I will have to download DazCentral like it or not. I gave up and clicked on the link to DazCentral and it entered into an infiinite busy doing nothing loop, on several attempts.

I have just recently discovered posts about Daz store changes and was unaware of the problems it has caused. I have not seen any of Daz_Rawb's post or any post that have declared or described the issues probably because I am woefully inadequate at searching the forums or going thru the many pages of responses to my search to find what I am searching for.

I would like to say again, Many thanks for the great amount help you provided in getting me up and running again some days ago. You are a much needed and valuable resource.

Because of your response I will have faith I will get what I ordered if I keep trying, so I will.

One thing more, is DazCentral required to download the latest version of Daz Studio?

2sharp said: