Missing files help

Hello all a little about my setup to put this question into context. I created a file on my backup drive (F:\User\Rick) for all my content data, people, props etc. a lot of the third party software I download gives me this error in the missing files pop up "data/swtrium/gen 8 sig suit/sig suit hot pants/uv sets/swtrium/base/default.dsf" I check the original zip file and the file is there. It is also in the place that is refrence in my content directory manager "F:\User\Rick" so what am I doing wrong? any help getting things setup properly on my back up drive would be greatly appreciated. 

Note I also installed DAZ 3D on the F: drive as well because the C; drive is strictly an  OS drive.

Forum Files.JPG
1793 x 829 - 98K
Forum content pic.JPG
562 x 560 - 41K
Forum error pic.JPG
795 x 619 - 46K

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

The puzzling thing for me is ... why do you have a data folder under the subfolder People? Ok - and the other folders too. Under people there should be Genesis, genesis 2 etc., not the whole structure of folders again.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

You have lots of nested Content sets - No wonder DS gets confused.

For example, you have specified a content set "F:/User/Rick/My DAZ 3D Library" inside an other content set "F:/User/Rick"

• You shouldn't have My Library, My Daz 3d Library etc. in the rick folder as the extra folder will break the loading of content, you shouldn't have My Daz Connect Library in the rick folder and selected as the Connect data folder as nested paths (a content directory inside another content directory) will cause confusion.

The error you are getting, when the file apparently exists, is usually down to having a Connect install in the database but the actual files are only the DIM/Central/manual installation.

• Ok so let me make sure I am unserstanding you guys correctly. You are saying that My Library, and My Daz 3D Library should not be under Rick they should be in their own area? Is there a way to restore the content library to Default? If I can do that I will reinstall and start over.

• Ok so let me make sure I am unserstanding you guys correctly. You are saying that My Library, and My Daz 3D Library should not be under Rick they should be in their own area? Is there a way to restore the content library to Default? If I can do that I will reinstall and start over.

The folders that are in My Library etc. could be moved to rick, leaving the folders empty (the folders would be merged with the existing folders of the same name). Alternatively, move the folders out of rick and add them as content directories. There's nothing special about the folder names, they are just the defaults.

• Thanks for the help guys I ended up buying a new stick of 1gb NVME to add to my primary drive, and did a factory install of Daz and it's components to allow the filing system to operate the way it wants to.