USB reconnection script?

gniiialgniiial Posts: 207

Hey there, i got a problem here and found the reason why it is happening. I noticed that others had this issue too, but they did not know why it was happening. 
It's about the situation with a disconnected mouse in daz studio. For Windows it not seem to be a problem if the mouse disconnects and reconnects every now and then. Like when we pull the usb plug and put it back in or even when a mouse has a issue with a broken cable. My guess would be there are several checks in place, so it cannot happen and in 99.9% of all installed programs, it seem to make no difference at all. And i have a lot of programs running on this machine. In not one my mouse get's seperated from the functions of a program except Daz Studio. There are situations where my mouse looses the connection to windows, but this is rare and in this case not even the same usb slot would work with the mouse, till i restart the computer. So this would be another issue, but nothing Daz related. 

My cable is slightly brocken and i would not switch the mouse just because of this. Like i said, it feels just like a millisecond disconnect and nothing else is affected. No game, not Blender, Mixer, Photoshop, Steam, Ubisoft, Blizzard or whatever else. So no game, no windows function,no free open source software... really nothing else! What anoys is that Daz Studio cannot handle this issue. I mean everything is alright, but it seems that daz does not check or reload, if this situation with the mouse is happening. Daz has also a very strange and less adjusted viewport in my oppinion and makes it hard to not move the mouse a lot. To be honest, there is no other program i ever had, where i had to move the mouse this extreme! Even scrolling is a pain, since it seems to scroll not fast enough away or towards a item. So what i try to tell is, the more i have to work with the mouse, the more often i run into the issue. It's just logic and as simple as that. Sure, i would love to get a smoth and well working viewport behavior and handling like in Blender, but that's not the point here. The point is, that daz studio should be able to reconnect with the mouse if the mouse gets "lost" for a (milli)second. Every other program can do it, so why should daz not be able to do the same?! 

I also write this issue down and bring it to anyones attention, since nobody could explain what was really happening and because it was happening to daz only, everyone thought it was a daz related problem! It's not! The only problem is that somehow daz cannot manage the reconnection of the mouse and i hope there will be a fix in time, because everyone who has a little loose contact in the cable somewere has to manage blind to save and restart Daz. The anoying thing is to load a maybe complex scene 3-5 times or even more, find an item again and so on. And sure, now everyone could say buy or repair your mouse. But these people would miss the point here! And the point is that this is the only program that is NOT able to reconnect in such a situation that i know of. With a better understanding why it's happening in general, it should be possible to fix it or maybe create a script with a hotkey, to reload keyboard and mouse functions?! Something like that... 

Post edited by gniiial on

Comments

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited November 2020

I had a similar issue with my headphones knocking out all the USB ports due to I think a fault in the wire or connection.

In the end I had to replace the headphones as once the USB ports go down nothing will bring em back up except a reboot.

It doesnt just hit DS as I had the same issue with Ableton Live.

Treat your electronics with respect or they'll bite you.

Post edited by Mouser on