Problem with installed products after Daz Studio reinstall

daer-thingdaer-thing Posts: 59

I reinstalled Daz on a new HDD after windows reinstall using DIM, then set up the basic directory structure inside the installer.

To avoid having to wait a year to download all the purchased contents I purchased earlier (my internet connection isn't that great) I just copied my old download folder from the old drive into the new one and then told DIM to install the downloaded stuff that it seemingly successfully accomplished. It also downloaded and installed the "essential" stuff with the Daz install.

Now my problem:

When I open DAZ all of my products are greyed out in Smart content and in Content library too. Some items from products can be accessed via content library but I can't really use anything. Neither the old transfered products nor the freshly downloaded+installed ones. If I click on the grey icons daz just starts installing them again but into the daz connect folder that will result in duplication of everything, that I'd rather avoid for multiple reasons.

How can I convince daz to notice the installed products in the "my daz 3d library" and use those? What did I mess up?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Where is the content installed and what are your content directory settings in DS?

• This was the current (screencapped from daz installer, system windows 10pro, used the 1.4.0.67 win64 DIM to install it):

Haven't touched temp and cache in the daz studio program itself

The old one was like this (used to be on Windows 7):

Base: d:/Utils/Daz 3d/
    Package archive: d:/Utils/Daz 3d/Downloads
    Manifest files: d:/Utils/Daz 3d/manifestfiles

temp, cache directories were also in the base directory,

Render library:
    d:/Utils/Daz 3d/Render LIbrary

Content base Path: D:/Utils/Daz 3d/Documents/My Daz 3d Library
    also:
    D:/Utils/Daz 3d/Documents/Daz 3d/Stuido/My library
    D:/Utils/Daz 3d/Documents/Daz 3d/Stuido/My Daz Connect Library

Program files (used to have a small SSD and never had enough storage space on it)
    d:/Utils/Daz 3d/x86
    d:/Utils/Daz 3d/Program Files/Daz 3d

I think cms was left at its default place

• So where is DIM installing to?

• daer-thingdaer-thing Posts: 59
    edited November 2020

Ugh, sorry... somehow failed to attach the screenshot, trying to remember what it was:

Base: d:/Daz 3d/
    Package archive: d:/Daz 3d/Downloads  (I copied the zip+dsx files from the old downloads folder to here)
    Manifest files: d:/Daz 3d/manifestfiles
    temp, cache directories were left the default
    Content Database Base: D:/Daz 3d/cms (I changed the location of this inside Daz Studio to keep it together with the rest. Perhaps I broke something with that?)
    Content base Path: D:/Daz 3d/Application/Data/My Daz 3d Library (DIM installed everything here from the downloads folder)
    Program files: D:/Daz 3d/Application/Daz 3d/64-bit and /32-bit

Update:
    Reinstalled the whole thing and used the same folders I used before. Also, didn't try to move the cms location this time. Installed only a few products after the basic ones and it seems to be working so far. Not completely sure what did I do wrong the first time. (and sorry for wasting your time)
    Is it safe to move cache and temp folders?

Post edited by daer-thing on
  • Yes, the cache would need rebuilding but after that there would be no difference - neither is used for long-term storage of fiels that can't be rebuilt.