Does DAZ3D No Longer Support the "Secluded Island" Model That I Purchased From DAZ in 2018?

tomni3905tomni3905 Posts: 2

Hello...back in 2018,  I purchased a few new models from DAZ3D (Order # 105721255, for what it's worth).
One of the models I purchased was their "Secluded Island" model

https://www.daz3d.com/secluded-island

I love this model and have used it frequently along with a cartoon character I utilize for my powerpoint presentations at work.
My coworkers say they like my presentations a lot so I was hoping to continue using them.
Unfortunately, ever since upgrading to DAZ 4.14, whenever I try to render "Secluded Island" or any of its accessories (furniture, palm trees, etc) my DAZ gets a fatal error and crashes.
This is the code I get when I investigate:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libneuray.dll" at 0033:00000000799F4526, mi_neuray_factory_deprecated()+6818566 byte(s)

Is this particular model no longer usable?  That would be disappointing.
Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Edited to replace Product Library link with Store link

Page capture.png
947 x 833 - 321K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 371

It sounds like you upgraded DS to 4.14, but did not upgrade your NVIDIA drivers as well. You need version 451.48 or later.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited November 2020

tomni3905 :

I get the same error message with DS 4.14.0.8 beta and Nvidia driver 456.71  Loaded the product in DS 4.9.2.70 and and was able to render with Iray with no issues.

I'll report this issue, but I suggest you do the same, particularly if you're running the DS GA release 4.14.0.8.

Edit: Issue Reported - Request #357058 11-24-2020

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

It's still in the store.  I hadn't seen it before; just added it to my wish list :-)  The beta is now at 4.14.0.10 and the change involves something to avoid preloading the libneuray libraries.  NVidia recently (last couple of days?) updated the NVidia "studio" driver from 456.71 to 457.30; i.e. the same as the "game ready" driver.  It might be worth trying the NVidia upgrade since it has now been approved for less game ready users.  There's no harm in trying the beta too; you will have to update the database software (postgresQL) but I've always found that to be safe, harmless.  All the same it sounds like there is something in the scene which tweaks something now deprecated in the Iray libraries.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    jbowler said:

It's still in the store.  I hadn't seen it before; just added it to my wish list :-)  The beta is now at 4.14.0.10 and the change involves something to avoid preloading the libneuray libraries.  NVidia recently (last couple of days?) updated the NVidia "studio" driver from 456.71 to 457.30; i.e. the same as the "game ready" driver.  It might be worth trying the NVidia upgrade since it has now been approved for less game ready users.  There's no harm in trying the beta too; you will have to update the database software (postgresQL) but I've always found that to be safe, harmless.  All the same it sounds like there is something in the scene which tweaks something now deprecated in the Iray libraries.

You don't need to update PostgreSQL CMS, the general release and public beta use the same version and both will work with whichever one you have installed.

• I don't own it so cannot test but it looks like others have problems with that set

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/451741/

I suspect it is the special iray shaders

one possible solution I can think of is open it in the 32bit versiion of DAZ studio that lacks iray and resave a copy

• Omniflux said:

It sounds like you upgraded DS to 4.14, but did not upgrade your NVIDIA drivers as well. You need version 451.48 or later.

I'm grateful for your suggestion, Onmiflux, but I'm currently updated to 457.30 so unfortunately that may not be the cause.

Lindsey said:

...I'll report this issue, but I suggest you do the same, particularly if you're running the DS GA release 4.14.0.8.

Edit: Issue Reported - Request #357058 11-24-2020

Thank you, Lindsey...I shall.

Also, to jbowler & Fixmypcmike...thank you both for your contributions and suggestions.  I really do appreciate it!

I don't own it so cannot test but it looks like others have problems with that set

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/451741/

I suspect it is the special iray shaders

one possible solution I can think of is open it in the 32bit versiion of DAZ studio that lacks iray and resave a copy

Greatly appreciated, WendyLuvsCats!  I'll try this as well.

I do hope that DAZ can find a solution soon...I'd really hate to have to remake my latest presentation from scratch again.