Why my eyes are like that ?

Hi guys ! i exported from DAZ a genesis 8, and her eyes is showing like that,

when i put a really really heavy light on his face tho we can see the eyes without that sort of white filter

but it's to much bright and i cant really call that a solution :( 

I'm kind of a newbie but i researched and the shading tab of all the eyes, i scrolled through google for literally 1 hour and wasnt able to find a solution to my problem

So that's why im writting you now :), please help me to have a better understanding, plus if you have some kind of video for my than could help me on those sort of 

things im up to it !

Thanks for your time take care and have a great day !

Comments

• V.002V.002 Posts: 4

(sorry i forgot the image lol) 

Now 1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294
    edited November 2020

I have had that problem a number of times

My reasons may differ from others but I attribute this problem to two things.

I am not sure which one is the actual problem.

One cause can be moving your figure too far away from the world center point and the other can be accidentally using 3delight textures instead of Iray ones on the eyes.

Move your scene around your figure instead of moving your figure around in the scene.

If you just try replacing them with eyes from other various figures one should fix them.

I believe some eyes simply replace files and some eyes do a total reset of the eyes surfaces but I am not sure about that either.

I have certain go-to figures that I use their eyes and they fix the problem then you can possibly switch the eyes back to what you wanted.
    (I think your problem is different from mine, I was not exporting my figure. I would say try different eyes and run the export process again. Make sure your figure is in the center of the world)

Post edited by RexRed on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,050
    edited November 2020

funny how that is indeed a geometry fix yet people adamantly insist it is not an issue with the Genesis 3&8 geometry 

its an issue in other software too BTW devil only with those generations of DAZ figures (I fix it in Carrara vertex room the same way)

and yes I said all along the meshes are too close and was told it is modelled correctly 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • V.002V.002 Posts: 4

The dark eye fix is for DAZ no ? the problem is come when it is in blender ^^, otherwise in daz the model is perfect