Manuel Download Question

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

Where do place I place the runtime folder of a product that will install properly on Daz Central?

It is a group of props, not a set.

Capture.JPG
731 x 513 - 53K
Post edited by dash2128 on

Comments

• In the content directory, so that it merges with the Runtime that's already there. Mac users will need to use Terminal or a third party tool, otherwise the new Runtime will replace the old.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

Hello, thanks for replying!

Does the picture (attachment) look like the right runtime path?

>Computer>C:>User, ect...

Capture2.JPG
    391 x 494 - 36K
  • dash2128dash2128 Posts: 674

GOT IT!

THANKS!

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 598

In the content directory, so that it merges with the Runtime that's already there. Mac users will need to use Terminal or a third party tool, otherwise the new Runtime will replace the old.

In the content directory, so that it merges with the Runtime that's already there. Mac users will need to use Terminal or a third party tool, otherwise the new Runtime will replace the old.

Richard,

I have a similar question.  I have bought and installed via DIM hundreds of content items for DS on my new (last year) laptop.  I've noticed over the years that some items have a parent folder called Content and then everything is subfolders.  I set up DIM to install to an external hard drive and I did not use a file structure that includes a Content folder.  DIM installs as I directed but some (not all) products that have a Content folder don't appear in the Smart Content library or at all.  For about 15 items, the only way that I could get DS to recognize them as installed (whether they used a Content folder or not) was to install them via Daz Connect!

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the items that use a Content parent folder?  If so, is there an easy way to know which products use a Content parent folder?

Also, DIM installs Poser content to my DS libraries (I did not set up DIM to exclude them.) but I think that may be a problem?  What are your thought/recommendations?  I have nearly 2,000 installed items in DIM.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014
    jjoyner said:

Richard,

I have a similar question.  I have bought and installed via DIM hundreds of content items for DS on my new (last year) laptop.  I've noticed over the years that some items have a parent folder called Content and then everything is subfolders.  I set up DIM to install to an external hard drive and I did not use a file structure that includes a Content folder.  DIM installs as I directed but some (not all) products that have a Content folder don't appear in the Smart Content library or at all.  For about 15 items, the only way that I could get DS to recognize them as installed (whether they used a Content folder or not) was to install them via Daz Connect!

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the items that use a Content parent folder?  If so, is there an easy way to know which products use a Content parent folder?

Also, DIM installs Poser content to my DS libraries (I did not set up DIM to exclude them.) but I think that may be a problem?  What are your thought/recommendations?  I have nearly 2,000 installed items in DIM.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

The "Content" folder is just an alias for "My Daz 3D library" or whatever the name of the root folder of your content library is - As the name of the root folder can be whatever (Mine is DazGen), the "Content" is used as a placeholder, which is not meant to be extracted, extract only what's inside the "Content" folder.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 598

Thanks, that's what I thought and have been doing for years.  A few items lately have been problemmatic.  I'll have to explore more.