Tyrone Figure Tattoo Help

I have applied a Tryrone for Darius 8 figure tattoo to my Harold figure's right forearm and I cannot find out how to manipulate it.

It is a little offset and large. I cannot find where it lives or where its parameters are like, size, position and shape or if it is an image that I can edit in Photoshop. Is it a lie tattoo?

It does not appear to be on the forearm part of the figures parameter settings and it does not list in the surfaces list or the figure's general scene object tree.

Any help on this would be very greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

Tyrone's tattoos are LIE tattoos, yes.

You edit them on your character with the Layered Image Editor, which is in the image slot for the particular body part. So for the arms, you would go there, click on the little arrow, then select Layered Image Editor. You can move them around and scale them with the X-Y-Z sliders in the Layered Image Editor. Once you get the image doing what you want in the diffuse channel, you should write down all the coordinates, because you'll need to do it again on the translucency color slot.

That said, the tattoos "live" in your \Runtime\Textures\RedzStudio\Tyrone directory, wherever that may be. (Unless you use Daz Connect, in which case I have absolutely no idea where they are; Connect has a very different directory structure, and as I understand it, doesn't typically allow texture edits in those directories.) If you're more comfortable using Photoshop, you can always drop the appropriate tattoo on top of your character's arm texture island, and manipulate that way.

All THAT said: Tyrone's arm tattoos aren't just on his arm. The tattoos on his arms go up onto his torso texture island -- the textures are divided more or les halfway down the upper arm -- so you'd need to manipulate both of the arm and the torso textures, no matter which method you used, which would be very complicated.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294
    edited November 2020

Hey VWrangler, Thanks for your help! The Tyrone tattoo is not showing up in the right shoulder bend or right shoulder twist properties tree. It is not showing up anywhere in the entire list of items when I expand all items. But it is there on the arm. It looks like a LIE tattoo to me and would look great but it is out of the position I would prefer.

I cannot even figure out how to delete it and reapply it.

I cannot find it listed anywhere and when I do a search for tattoo or Tyrone in the scene pane nothing comes up. 

Any clarification on this would be very helpful!

TYrone tattoo.jpg
    1078 x 786 - 787K
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294

Okay I closed Daz and reopened it and the tattoos are now appearing in the layered image editor on the base and transparency images. Now to figure out how to edit them your directions were very well laid out VWrangler. THANKS!