File Menu in DS 4.14

I installed DS 4.14 (Windows 10 laptop with 16 GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 2060 card) last week via DIM. 

The most vexing problem for me so far is that once I load a prop or scene into DS 4.14, the ability to open a new file goes away; refer to the attached screen capture.  This issue does not seem to happen if I create a new light or a new primitive.  Even Ctrl-N does not work to open a new file.  Any thoughts?   My only recourse is to close DS and that dovetails into the problem below.

DS 4.14 hangs around for a while in background processes before it closes.  Usually, if I wait long enough (a few minutes or more), it closes and I can launch DS again.  If I want access to DS sooner, I have to kill it in the Task Manager.  I know that this issue has been raised in the forums.

Neither of these issues arose for me in DS 4.12.

File-New missing from menu.jpg
1920 x 686 - 240K

Comments

• Does it work if you reload the layout (Window>Workspace>Select Layout)?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 598

I thought of that yesterday, but didn't explore it.  I just did but that doesn't resolve the problem.  I experimented more with loading props and scenes and the problem occurs with some but not with others.  I need to explore more to see if it is a matter of where I have certain content installed and what the location and folder name requirements are for some content.  I have DS (and Poser) installed on my SSD root drive (C) and almost all of my content (DS and Poser) installed on an external HDD (G).  None or few of these issues seems to occur with the Poser version of content that has both versions.  It seems that I can rename content folders and place them as I prefer without issue in Poser but not so with a lot of DS content.   :(