Render Issues

eligodesigneligodesign Posts: 71

Hello

since saturday when I downloaded publisher beta I have issues with rendering. This did't happen before and I rendered images with no problems. I checked my Intel drivers but they are up to date.

The hair is actually the issue (have used two different products - OOT hair) with lot of grain which cannot be removed with any denoiser (affinity photo or nikcollection). Have not tested other hair products but will do so later.

Is this a known issue that occurs since 4.14 upgrade? How can I solve this?

Thank you for your help

ED_GRAINY_HAIR_RENDER.jpg
1600 x 900 - 416K
txt
txt
log_11_23_2020.txt
Post edited by eligodesign on

Comments

• i did additional test renders and on hair product is now showing less grain than the other day. the grain appears now only on the top (braids are no longer affected).

I'll keep an eye on it. it is probably some troubleshooting with my video/graphic card.

• edited December 2020

I'm having the same issue! Only happening in 4.14

Im using OOT Rose hair. The top strands are super blown out and very grainy.

Post edited by Scientific Gentlemen on
  • Here are photos as well....

Capture.PNG
    531 x 250 - 173K
    Capture2.PNG
    466 x 232 - 140K
  • edited December 2020

After testing, it seems removing Translucency completely (from the strand geometrys surfaces) fixes the issue. This however does change the look of the hair a bit. I'll keep testing and see if I can fix further.

Post edited by Scientific Gentlemen on
  • eligodesigneligodesign Posts: 71
    edited December 2020

thank you for your reply. I will try to remove translucency (or to turn it down). the issue is still occuring. have reported this to the tech support. guess they need the time to fix it.

Post edited by eligodesign on
  • I have tried this with translucency and the hair looks weird. have noticed that it has to do something with the light. the more exposure to the light the more fireflies occur. when i put the model in ascene with more shadows (garden tent or alcove) the lesser amount of fireflies.