Baffling user interface behaviour.

I expect this is documented elsewhere (is it?)... click on a text input in the parameters pane and if you move the mouse away too quickly (I used the word "quickly" in its broadest possible sense) and start typing, it turns out you haven't given the text input control the focus at all.  This has been a problem for me through multiple versions of Daz.

The reason I find it so baffling is I'm a user interface designer/developer and unless some extremely odd async-type thing is going on when you click a control (mouse click received, mouse coordinates acquired later), I cannot imagine how it's possible to lose the focus like that.  Is there a workaround?  It's intensely annoying!

Comments

• Except waiting till you actually see the control has the focus? No. It drives me crazy as well. 

• oh this has been a long known issue, disabling WASD for the damned camera using it is also a must as undo won't fix the damageangry

• I believe this is a Qt3 issue, focus goes out of the text box when the mouse causes something to highlight (as, for example, passing over a slider or button).

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

oh this has been a long known issue, disabling WASD for the damned camera using it is also a must as undo won't fix the damageangry

Yes, and you don't get an "undo" on the command queue for camera transform when it happens, so you can't CTRL-Z to fix the damage indecision.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

I believe this is a Qt3 issue, focus goes out of the text box when the mouse causes something to highlight (as, for example, passing over a slider or button).

I understand, and I'm going to guess the only thing that'll fix it is a newer version of Qt.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Robinson said:

I believe this is a Qt3 issue, focus goes out of the text box when the mouse causes something to highlight (as, for example, passing over a slider or button).

I understand, and I'm going to guess the only thing that'll fix it is a newer version of Qt.

Which will break all plugins for Windows and Mac users and some of those are by people who aren't alive anymore ... which is probably the reason why Daz is reluctant to do that.

• Now that I understand how to deal with the (still occasionally) disappearing mouse cursor, this behavior has moved to the top of the list of things that annoy me about the DAZ UI.

- 3W

• Kerya said:
    Robinson said:

Which will break all plugins for Windows and Mac users and some of those are by people who aren't alive anymore ... which is probably the reason why Daz is reluctant to do that.

Well, since Studio itself is completely broken on the newest MacOS, they're about to get over that reluctance.