Would you like to save changes to the current scene before saving it? after fresh start

Okay, here's a wierd one.  I start Daz like usual, then go to load a scene I've saved from earlier... and as its preparing to do this, the system then asks me, "Would you like to save changes to the current scene before saving it?"

This is without me having opened any other scene, or loaded any sets or props or characters, before trying to load this one.  This is simply with me firing up Daz Studio and telling it to load a scene.  Any idea what's going on here?  Is this a fresh, new bug introduced with 4.14? :D

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Not new - I have this behavior with DS 4.11 too.I am not interested in saving the empty startup scene ... LOL

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

It's not a bug. Studio allows you to load a default scene when you open the app. The empty scene is the same thing to the software since it may/will have default settings for some of the parameters / options.

• Okay, so why am I only recently getting this pop-up message when I go to load a new scene after starting Daz?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Are you saying you don't get that message when you have a scene loaded and thengo to load a different scene?

Okay, so why am I only recently getting this pop-up message when I go to load a new scene after starting Daz?

• I meant that until very recently, when I fired up Daz Studio, and then went to load a previously saved scene, I did NOT get that pop-up message.  Now I'm getting that pop-up message under that same circumstance.

• I think it's a bug, like you I wasn't getting this before and now I am. My studio isn't configured to load a scene on startup, but it still asks if I want to save it when I load a new one.

I wonder if it's the new Tonemapper and Environment Options objects that 4.14 started putting in our scenes? You go to open a new scene, Daz sees that the scene tab has two items in it and asks if you want to save the scene. That would be my guess anyway.

• For that matter, I wonder if it might be related to my having had to turn off Aux Viewport in my settings, to solve another issue I was having.