Genesis 8 Basic Female Broken Morphs

My Genesis 8 Basic Female model has been looking strange for a while now. I was having the issue with Zilpha being loaded in with every model and I found the fix on the forums. Everything still looked weird though. I've also learned about the "Currently Used" tab so I tried to see if there was anything else in there mucking it up but only a few eyelash morphs were active. I was at a loss until I checked my log file and saw several items being loaded. When I searched these I saw they were at 100% but they were grayed out like this was the default, so they didn't show in "Currently Used" until I turned them down to 0%. I've now got my Genesis 8 Basic Female model back to normal. Is there a way to make this my default for Genesis 8 Basic Female model so whenever I open that it does not load all these morphs?

Any character model I load in also seems to pull in these morphs. If possible, I'd love to have them stop loading in with more than just Genesis 8 Basic Female.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do as follows;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Female" or "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load")
    2. Select the figure
    3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    4. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    6. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

• Thank you very much!

Not to press my luck, but I'm also getting an error message when loading Genesis 8 Basic Female, "Duplicate formulas found in files. Make sure that the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details."

The log file showed that this is stemming from "Beauties of the World for Genesis 8 Female" (https://www.daz3d.com/beauties-of-the-world-for-genesis-8-female) and specifically the Jade figure. It's odd because I've checked the morphs and Jade isn't turned on when the figure loads. I've tried uninstalling the asset, reinstalling, uninstalling, restarting, installing, etc. and it still produces that error. I've checked DIM and there's no update for the file -- any idea on this particular issue?

edited November 2020

"Duplicate formulas" has nothing to do with a morph being activated or not, that is something that happens when the morphs/characters you have installed for the base figure (G8F) don't want to play together.

Clear your scene and clear the log, load "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load" into the empty scene, open the log and save it somewhere you can find it.
    Attach the log to your post ("Attach a file" above the blue "Post Comment" button).

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • eligodesigneligodesign Posts: 71
    edited November 2020

I have the same issue. When loading the G8F figure it loads another character created by me. The very same with G8F Dev.

Here is my log file.

txt
    txt
    log23-11-2020.txt
    1M
    Post edited by eligodesign on
  • I have tried your tip with zero and memorizing. when loading G8F figure it reports missing files but loads as G8F.

Now I have a problem with my character. It loads as G8F figure, not as character that I had created.

How did you save the characters you created?

edited November 2020

I saved as character preset and morphs as morph preset. they are all in the right location. I had the same issue on November 8 and I have redone all morphs for my character. I thought it was fixed but it occures again. It messes up with G8F base figure and dev figure. I deleted 2 other characters and their morphs that where in the way. The issue is still there.

Ok, it sounds like you saved the morph presets with non-zero default value, which causes the morphs to be activated for any and all G8F based characters.
    When you saved the character morphs, the DS didn't save the status of your own morphs since they were in their default state (not moved from default)

Now, as the default state of your morphs was changed to zero, the character presets do not have the information to activate your morphs - Use the dials to activate them and save the character presets again.

edited November 2020

I just saved my character again and it works. However when loading G8F it still shows missing files - eyelashes. Attached screenshot.

Maybe I should use manual download of G8 startet essentials and extract the files manually?

G8F Missing files.png
    1600 x 900 - 639K
  • I just saved my character again and it works. However when loading G8F it still shows missing files - eyelashes. Attached screenshot.

Maybe I should use manual download of G8 startet essentials and extract the files manually?

That appears to be from a character named Miyuki by Eligo Designs - not, I think, a Daz product.

I just saved my character again and it works. However when loading G8F it still shows missing files - eyelashes. Attached screenshot.

Would you open DS, clear the scene, open the LOG and clear it (CTRL+A and delete), close the log and select "Save" when asked.

Load the "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load" to the empty scene and when it has loaded, open the log and save it somewhere you can find.
    Attach the log to your post - This will give us a clean log of the remaining problems.

edited November 2020

Hello,

i appologize for the late reply (time zone)

attached are the logs for g8f and g8f dev figures. i attached also the log for my character since there is an error message Debug "unable to load add on". I don't know how to fix that since it doesn't report what add on is affected.

Yesterday i re-installed g8f essentials and the missing files error is no longer occuring. however, i'm not sure that everything works well now.

thank you for the support

txt
    txt
    G8F_dev_log.txt
    txt
    txt
    G8F_log.txt
    txt
    txt
    MyCharacter_log.txt
  • I just saved my character again and it works. However when loading G8F it still shows missing files - eyelashes. Attached screenshot.

That appears to be from a character named Miyuki by Eligo Designs - not, I think, a Daz product.

yes, that's correct. i deleted that character and morphs. however the missing files message was still occuring each time i'd loaad g8F. yesterday, i re-installed manually g8f essentials and the missing files message is no longer occuring.

2020-11-24 14:45:15.554 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SickleYield2018/SY200/PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf#PHMSY200WristsThickness?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SickleYield2018/SY200/CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf

The above reads; "While reading file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf", DS found a reference to a formula "PHMSY200WristsThickness" inside file "PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf", which it cannot find.
    The problem seems to be a typing error in the formula name which should be "PBMSY200WristsThickness" not "PHMSY200WristsThickness", but it could also mean that DS couldn't find the file "PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf".

Try downloading "SY 200 Free Morphs for Genesis 8" again, if it has been updated and fixed - If it hasn't, you can fix the problem yourself;
    - The file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" is (Zip) compressed, so you have to decompress it before you can edit the file. 7-Zip can open the file with "Open Archive", extract the file to the same directory with the original "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf"
    - Open the extracted file "CTRLSY200Skinny" in a text editor (Notepad++ is way better than Windows Notepad).
    - Find the text "PHMSY200WristsThickness" inside the file and replace it with "PBMSY200WristsThickness" and save the file
    - Rename the original file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" to "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf.bak" and the fixed/saved file "CTRLSY200Skinny" to "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" (no need to re-compress)

Most SY200 related errors seemed to have the same problem (PHM* instead of PBM*) and the rest do follow the same logic - Check for updates first, if updates/fixes do not exist, file a ticket and wait for a fix or try fixing the problem yourself. The third option is to uninstall (remove) the product that is causing the warnings (SY 200 Free Morphs for Genesis 8)

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited November 2020

First eleven warnings in each log are about SickleYields freebie morphs, basically she messed up and despite being told about the issue she hasn't fixed it afaik.

The rest of them are down to you not having the head, body and expressions morph packs for G8F, if you have them then install them and those warnings will go away.

As for the "unable to load add on", that's a lot harder to figure out without opening up the Elvira.duf in a decent text editor, but you would also have to know what it is you are looking for.

Seen enough products, payed as well as free, that have made a right mess out of setting up the G8F eyelashes to load with their character, so that could always be one possibility.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited November 2020
    PerttiA said:
    2020-11-24 14:45:15.554 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6777): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SickleYield2018/SY200/PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf#PHMSY200WristsThickness?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/SickleYield2018/SY200/CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf

The above reads; "While reading file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf", DS found a reference to a formula "PHMSY200WristsThickness" inside file "PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf", which it cannot find.
    The problem seems to be a typing error in the formula name which should be "PBMSY200WristsThickness" not "PHMSY200WristsThickness", but it could also mean that DS couldn't find the file "PBMSY200WristsThickness.dsf".

Try downloading "SY 200 Free Morphs for Genesis 8" again, if it has been updated and fixed - If it hasn't, you can fix the problem yourself;
    - The file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" is (Zip) compressed, so you have to decompress it before you can edit the file. 7-Zip can open the file with "Open Archive", extract the file to the same directory with the original "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf"
    - Open the extracted file "CTRLSY200Skinny" in a text editor (Notepad++ is way better than Windows Notepad).
    - Find the text "PHMSY200WristsThickness" inside the file and replace it with "PBMSY200WristsThickness" and save the file
    - Rename the original file "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" to "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf.bak" and the fixed/saved file "CTRLSY200Skinny" to "CTRLSY200Skinny.dsf" (no need to re-compress)

Most SY200 related errors seemed to have the same problem (PHM* instead of PBM*) and the rest do follow the same logic - Check for updates first, if updates/fixes do not exist, file a ticket and wait for a fix or try fixing the problem yourself. The third option is to uninstall (remove) the product that is causing the warnings (SY 200 Free Morphs for Genesis 8)

ok, thank you for letting me know that. i'll try to fix it myself since it is not updated by SY. I will write a feedback by tomorrow.

• Bejaymac said:

First eleven warnings in each log are about SickleYields freebie morphs, basically she messed up and despite being told about the issue she hasn't fixed it afaik.

The rest of them are down to you not having the head, body and expressions morph packs for G8F, if you have them then install them and those warnings will go away.

As for the "unable to load add on", that's a lot harder to figure out without opening up the Elvira.duf in a decent text editor, but you would also have to know what it is you are looking for.

Seen enough products, payed as well as free, that have made a right mess out of setting up the G8F eyelashes to load with their character, so that could always be one possibility.

thank you for your reply. I'm going to check that. I indeed created eyelashes for my character with their own load script after the g8f script. there s a tutorial by Josh Darling on how to add g8f eyelashes with your own map. I might use that instead of creating own attachment and renaming it.

• hello, i have not managed yet to change the SY morph/s. they are way too many and there is no update. I downloaded her files from share cg in april this year.

as for the missing g8f morphs, i checked them out and i have all of them installed. the same with v8 and topsy. they are all installed in data directory morphs location (attached screen shot).

i'll hve to open a support ticket, since i cannot tell why the issue related to g8f morphs is occuring.

ED_G8F_MORPH_LOCATION.jpg
    1600 x 862 - 165K
    edited November 2020

hello, i have not managed yet to change the SY morph/s. they are way too many and there is no update. I downloaded her files from share cg in april this year.

as for the missing g8f morphs, i checked them out and i have all of them installed. the same with v8 and topsy. they are all installed in data directory morphs location (attached screen shot).

i'll hve to open a support ticket, since i cannot tell why the issue related to g8f morphs is occuring.

2020-11-24 14:45:15.823 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: 
    Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Head/PHMEarlobesAttached.dsf#PHMEarlobesAttached?value in file : 
    /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Victoria%208/eJCMVictoria8EarlobesAttached.dsf
    PHMEarlobesAttached.dsf comes with the product "Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs", do you have it?

2020-11-24 14:45:16.024 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6843): Could not find target property for formula: 
    Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Expressions/eCTRLExcitement_HD.dsf#eCTRLExcitement?value in file : 
    /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Topsy%208/eJCM_Topsy8_ExcitementHD_div2.dsf
    "eCTRLExcitement_HD.dsf" comes with the product "Genesis 8 Female Expressions", do you have it?
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • no, they are indeed missing. where/how can I download them if they are not included in the g8f essentials?

no, they are indeed missing. where/how can I download them if they are not included in the g8f essentials?

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-head-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-female-expressions

• ok, thank you for the support :)