Why doesn't Daz Studio close?

With the latest version installed if I simply open and close Daz Studio it does not close and I have to go into the Windows running processes and end task.

Any way to fix this?

Comments

• This is a known issue, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449316/daz-studio-4-14-pro-general-release/p1#known_issues . Fortunately it has now been tracked down and fixed in a forthcoming build - for now, open the Aux Viewport (Window>Panes(Tabs)Aux Viewport) and from the option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) uncheck the IPR Toolbar.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,218
    edited November 2020

Very good info, thanks for the tip Richard! :)

Post edited by RexRed on
  • scienceofspockscienceofspock Posts: 44
    edited February 5

This is STILL an issue in 4.22.1, only NOW, instead of hanging out behind the scenes SILENTLY, it stays on the desktop and, depending on how much [stuff] you had in your scene, can take up to an HOUR OR MORE to close. NO OTHER APP that I use does this. Not Rhino, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, NONE of them. Why do I have to manually KILL the Daz Studio process EVERY SINGLE TIME?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • scienceofspock said:

This is STILL an issue in 4.22.1, only NOW, instead of hanging out behind the scenes SILENTLY, it stays on the desktop and, depending on how much [stuff] you had in your scene, can take up to an HOUR OR MORE to close. NO OTHER APP that I use does this. Not Rhino, Blender, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, NONE of them. Why do I have to manually KILL the Daz Studio process EVERY SINGLE TIME?

manually killing is dangerous for your UI layout, and can damage 9i.e. kill) the CMS database. An hour does seem a long time - if you check the log file at the end are there any obvious stretches when it is waiting for something like a plug-in?