Reinstalled, now it gets stuck at "Reading Asset" when loading a figure

Edit: I couldn't wait to see if anyone replies or has a solution, so I uninstalled everything, deleted every folder and did a full clean install.

Error is gone, but it's still a [big problem], cause the installations always make folders before letting me choose where I want them and then you change them to your file structure and you got stuff lying around that you don't know if you can delete.I don't understand why they can't clean up their [leftovers] and let us decide where to put what.

New issue: When loading a figure it gets stuck at Reading Asset now, never did that before!

I give up with this...Every update there's new issues and everything breaks somehow.

Original Post:

I uninstalled all my Daz Folders that seemed to be dead, after installing the program itself in the Daz Central.

Then I set the installation path to D:\Daz\Daz Studio but it ignored it and put it into D.\Daz\Library\application and so on.

I can live with that, BUT now everytime I start I get the error:

Resource Error

A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established. Several Daz studio

features that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content

vies and loading content installed using Daz connect service, wll not be available.

Check your network, anti-virus and firewall settings for conflicts

I bet it has something to do with the automatic folders it always creates and points the library to.

I have all my stuff in D:\Daz\Library and it creates a folder D:\Daz\Library\Applications\Data\Daz 3d\My Daz 3D Library which it puts under Daz connect Data, Daz Studio Formats and Poser formats, ALONGSIDE my Library folder, except in Daz connect Data where it's the only entry.

In a previous installation it also created a My Daz connect Library under D:\Daz, but that does not seem to serve a purpose.

I don't know how to clean up that [confusing melange], since I don't know what folders are needed, where the program should be pointed and why it ignores my base install path in Daz Connect.

If I load GENESIS 8 I get the message "following files could not be found:"

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Genesis3Female.dsf

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments