Daz install still sucks after 10 years

Every single time I try to install Daz for the last ten years I end up will not being able to see any content I download.

Just installed Daz through new Daz Central on a new computer and still same issue as the last 10 times I installed it.

From basic install it puts content on C drive, which just does not work as on any real computer as a tiny SSD drive n C and massive HD on D.

I switched the directory in Daz Central 'Base Path Location', then uninstalled and reinstalled Daz3D.

Now any content I download from Daz Central does not show up in Daz3D, just like every install fo every previous Daz3D.

I have had to google and mess around with settings and path in previous install to finally get content to show up, and it really sucks having to to this every release. Please have an install that can install to D and actually work Daz.

So, anyone know how in DazCentral DS 4.1 where you need to change/configure path to see content?

Comments

• In DS you need to make sure that the Content Directory Manager (Edit>Preferences>Content tab) is pointing to the folders that hold the Runtime and data folders. You should be able to configure this in Central before starting to install anything.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • paphuspaphus Posts: 42

This seemed to work I think,

- right click on Smart Content, Content DB Maintenance..., Re-import Metedata

But would be nice if Daz installer get this right some day...

• paphus said:

But would be nice if Daz installer get this right some day...

To be honest I don't see what's wrong with having to read a few instructions whenever you want to deviate from the default settings...  I don't think Daz got it wrong here, and I only based that comment on my experience with several professional audio suites (Live, Reason, the Komplete series, Melodyne, etc.); they all provide default settings but as soon as you want to customize things (for example moving the Live library from C to D) then you'll have to know how to set this up within Live itself.

It's definitely not an issue of Daz3D being the only ones who use this approach.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

To the OP, you might want to change the title of your post to "Daz install still sucks "FOR ME" after 10 years" since 1000s of other users don't have any issues.

FYI I never use smart content or Daz central and know where all my files are being installed so I can find them.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@paphus "Every single time I try to install Daz for the last ten years I end up will not being able to see any content I download."

It's not the software.