What other 3D applications can use Daz3D files on a chromebook?

[What other 3D applications can use Daz3D files on a chromebook?]

I need to know if there are any.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Are you asking anbout Daz Studio files, Daz Studio being Daz 3d's flagship program,   or are you asking about other programs such as Carrara and Bryce using content  from the Daz 3d Store?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,043
    edited November 2020

I don't know without trying but I suspect Carrara would run better than DAZ studio on a Chromebook

as would earlier versions of Poser such as Poser7 if you can get it

I used to have a Dell inspiron duo core Laptop with 2GB of RAM and DAZ studio just crashed for me if I loaded more than one thing

But Carrara and Poser worked fine, often had to use wireframe though because my graphics were abysmal

is a ChromeBook better than that?

Genesis 3 and 8 need offsite solutions for both Carrara and Poser and Poser 10+ I think for all Genesis

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Don't Chromebooks use Chrome OS?

• Sevrin said:

Don't Chromebooks use Chrome OS?

well then the simple answer is no cheeky

I was assuming a Windows OS like netbooks most of which are more powerful than decade old laptops 

• The short answer is none.

Daz3d files, dsf, duf, dso, dsa, etc are proprietary and only functional in dazstudio.

The longer answer.

Depends on the sorftware you want to use.

If you export a particular product, than any 3d software that can use that export, can use it.

OBJ, FBX, and DAE are the most common, with obj being, mostly, universal.

FBX and DAE can get a bit twitchy, depending on export and import options.

As far as software available for chrombooks, beyond vectary, i don't know of any.

Chrome OS isn't something i currently play with.

• http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/dson_spec/start is documented with, as far as I understand it, the intention that it should be implementable in other application. Do note, however, that it is able to use application-specific sections and these are not necessarily portable. Also note that some information, such as .dhdm files (HD morphs) is not in DSON format (or is encrypted).

• 89485153228948515322 Posts: 0

deathrowrevenge said:

[What other 3D applications can use Daz3D files on a chromebook?]

blender