Default HDRI re-inserting itself into a previously saved and Reopened Scene

So I'm using the latest public beta 4.14 I think, and of course iray. Love pretty much all of the latest tweeks that have been thrown our way, and given the rate of improvement in the last 3 years, I am expecting Daz3d to be able to provide near photorealistic rendering in the next five years, and it's going to be effing awesome! But I digress. Whenever I open a scene that I have previously saved with certain environmental node settings (that one threw me for a loop for a good five minutes), the default HDRI re-appears to blot out the sun. Now, you can just go ahead and select the enviroment map and set it to "none" and you sunsky settings will re-appear and such, and the HDRI will be gone, so it's just a minor inconvenience, no problem, but I'm fairly lazy at times so I'm looking for a setting that makes this not re-insert into previously saved scenes. I'm happy with it showing up as default into new scenes because sometimes you want to get an idea of what things will look like with a simple setup before throwing an hour of work into setting up spots, or whatever floats your boat. Cheers and thanks if anyone has this one solved and is willing to share the solution.

Comments

• nmadovnmadov Posts: 16
    Hello! I think (hope) I understand your question. When you save your scene as a 'Scene' file (not a scene subset), do you save it after you have applied the HDRI that you would like? If you save as a 'Scene' (the option at the top) it will save all settings, including render and simulation settings, timeline, etc. Now, if you are asking how to set the default HDRI to something else for all new scenes, I will defer to someone more experienced than me.
  • DarkendDarkend Posts: 21
    edited November 2020
    nmadov said:
    Hello! I think (hope) I understand your question. When you save your scene as a 'Scene' file (not a scene subset), do you save it after you have applied the HDRI that you would like? If you save as a 'Scene' (the option at the top) it will save all settings, including render and simulation settings, timeline, etc. Now, if you are asking how to set the default HDRI to something else for all new scenes, I will defer to someone more experienced than me.

Nope, you would think, and it has in every version that uses iray in the past. The environment map default  HDRI will re-insert over saved settings. Now, I primarily use sun-sky or just spots and emissives or all three, so not an issue, just a quick fix. I have yet to try it with an HDRI, which I use on occasion, and that would be annoying because it requires more than just a two click fix, rather remembering and tracking down the HDRI that I inserted on the save prior to closing and re-opening. Thank you though, it will probably get fixed in the next beta, or I'll figure it out.

Post edited by Darkend on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

This seems to be a bug with the new "environment" thing that it loads into scenes.  They need to work that out.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Darkend

I don't see this behavior. When I open a previously saved scene it shows the environment as it should

In order for the environment and render settings to be saved with the scene, you must specify this in Edit>Preferences>Scene"Render Settings

• fastbike1 said:

@Darkend

I don't see this behavior. When I open a previously saved scene it shows the environment as it should

In order for the environment and render settings to be saved with the scene, you must specify this in Edit>Preferences>Scene"Render Settings

Are you using the public beta?

• fastbike1 said:

@Darkend

Yup, my conclusion, will be interesting to see if an HDRI will hold, had a scene that I was working on last night, will open it next time I open Daz and report back. Hope it holds because I would rather not have to keep a notepad going with a list of working scenes to HDRIs typed out. Not a dealbreaker...but it is inconvenient. Cheers.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

The Pubic Beta and the Relaease version are the same for 4.14.0.08, but I am using both versions. This is not new behavior it has been an option in Studio for years. 

Darkend said:
    fastbike1 said:

@Darkend

Are you using the public beta?