DIM knows what I have installed, but Daz 4.14 doesn't

Hope you can help. I had the PostgreSQL problem that seems to be common, where I started up Daz 4.12 and I got an error message about PostgreSQL and nothing showed up in smart content. After uninstalling and reinstalling PostgreSQL a few times without success, I figured the simplest thing would be just to upgrade to Daz 4.14. I had also purchased a few new characters so they were installed at the same time as 4.14.

Now Daz 4.14 opens fine without error messages, but the only content it seems to think I have installed is the new characters. Everything else is visible as purchased content but greyed out - both in smart content and in my content library.

But in DIM it all appears as 'installed'.

All the assets are installed on an external hard drive, which is mapped within Daz 4.14.

Everything was installed by DIM; I don't use Daz Connect.

Can anyone sugget how I can get Daz 4.14 to recognize that the older content is already installed?

Many thanks.

daz_content.png
967 x 698 - 237K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Can you post your Basic Settings from DIM?

Where do you want your content to be?  Some of those content folders are definitely wrong.

• Try going to the Content Library option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and selectign Content DB Maintenance, then check Reimport Metadata and click Accept, then in the enxt dialogue select all the products and again click Accept. it may take a while, but it should add anything that was missed because DIM too was unable to talk to PostgreSQL.

• radiaradia Posts: 128

Thanks Fixmypcmike.

My DIM basic settings are attached. My content is almost all on my external E drive.

Sometimes if I plugged it in when I already had another external drive inserted, it appeared as the F drive so I mapped the same paths with F instead of E. That worked fine for ages. But a week or so ago (without having done anything new with the paths) the PostgreSQL error appeared and the content didn't show up in smart content.

DIM_basic.PNG
    1017 x 496 - 139K
    Thanks Richard. (Sorry - didn't notice your post when I was typing mine.) Will try that and report back. I'm in Europe, so will be a while, as it's the wee hours at the moment.
  • Try going to the Content Library option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and selectign Content DB Maintenance, then check Reimport Metadata and click Accept, then in the enxt dialogue select all the products and again click Accept. it may take a while, but it should add anything that was missed because DIM too was unable to talk to PostgreSQL.

I have the same issue as the OP (maybe it's related to having multiple content sets?), and I have to reimport metadata every time I install a new product to get it to show as installed in Smart Content. Kind of annoying, but definitely a first-world problem... wink

• hookflash said:

Try going to the Content Library option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) and selectign Content DB Maintenance, then check Reimport Metadata and click Accept, then in the enxt dialogue select all the products and again click Accept. it may take a while, but it should add anything that was missed because DIM too was unable to talk to PostgreSQL.

I have the same issue as the OP (maybe it's related to having multiple content sets?), and I have to reimport metadata every time I install a new product to get it to show as installed in Smart Content. Kind of annoying, but definitely a first-world problem... wink

That does sound like PostgreSQL not running when the content was installed - that can happen if you close DS and immediately open DIM. In geenral, except when installing a DS update or plug-ins, it's safe to leave DS running at the same time as DIM (and vice versa).

And they're back! Many thanks Richard.