SOLVED Studio 4.14.0.08 "Renderer is use" message

fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Nvidia driver 456.51. Win 10 64GB RAM. 

Was rendering Iray sucessfully yesterday. Today I get an unusual message and some odd lines in the log.

The message is "Unable to Render. Renderer already in use. The view port is in Texture Shaded for this. Note that the Nvida Iray Viewport renders fine.

The log shows a lenghty series of messages tlike the following:

"2020-11-20 13:59:53.168 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

2020-11-20 13:59:53.168 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 19:59:53 GMT

2020-11-20 13:59:53.190 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Server: Apache

2020-11-20 13:59:53.194 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Vary: Accept-Encoding

2020-11-20 13:59:53.194 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Content-Length: 226

2020-11-20 13:59:53.194 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Connection: close

2020-11-20 13:59:53.197 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

2020-11-20 13:59:53.197 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: 

2020-11-20 13:59:53.197 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">"

Any ideas? I haven't been experimenting with Filament. Again I have been successfully rendering in Iray with both Beta 4.14.0.08 and Public Release 4.14.0.08. Yes I know they are the same.

The only other change i am aware of is a Windows 10 update this am. I think i rolled that back after seeing this error. It only showed 2 Security and 2 other updates (from 11/20 and 11/19).

Post edited by fastbike1 on

Comments

• I've had those messages, I don't believe they are related to any DS operation (other than being online) as they occur at various points (I was seeing them mixed in with metadata downloads, no rendering going on).

Had you had a previous render get stuck? If so, especially if you used Task Manager to exit the progess bar, that can happen.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Richard Haseltine "Had you had a previous render get stuck? If so, especially if you used Task Manager to exit the progess bar, that can happen."

Studio quit on me unexpectedly today while opening a previous scene. I have rebooted a couple of times since then. I last rendered succesfuly last night.

Is there an action or solution if this behavior was caused by a Task Manager shutdown? Do you thin reloading the Nvidia driver might help. I aks bout the driver reload becuase I get this behavior in both the 4.14 Beta and the Release version but i haven't used the 4.14 release version at all before this morning.

Thanks in advance.

• fastbike1 said:

@Richard Haseltine "Had you had a previous render get stuck? If so, especially if you used Task Manager to exit the progess bar, that can happen."

Studio quit on me unexpectedly today while opening a previous scene. I have rebooted a couple of times since then. I last rendered succesfuly last night.

Is there an action or solution if this behavior was caused by a Task Manager shutdown? Do you thin reloading the Nvidia driver might help. I aks bout the driver reload becuase I get this behavior in both the 4.14 Beta and the Release version but i haven't used the 4.14 release version at all before this morning.

Thanks in advance.

I was thinking of closing the progress bar but not DS itself - a restart would clear anything like that, so it isn't relevant here (though it is possible that a crash, especially if it was actually the system crashing DS, might have corrupted the drivers in some way). You might need to try reinstalling the GPU drivers, possibly using DDU to remove the old ones, if this is surviving system restarts.

SOLVED

After reading a number of threads and an Internet search, I read a short thread where the OP had an issue with Renderering in 4.14. The thread didn't have much detail, but the solution for the OP was to disable the Shader Builder dll (Plugin). I have tried this with both 4.14.0.08 Beta and 4.14.0.08 General Release and it restored my ability to render to a window.

Don't really understand why this happened or what diabling the plugin fixed the issue, but it worked.

• fastbike1 said:

SOLVED

After reading a number of threads and an Internet search, I read a short thread where the OP had an issue with Renderering in 4.14. The thread didn't have much detail, but the solution for the OP was to disable the Shader Builder dll (Plugin). I have tried this with both 4.14.0.08 Beta and 4.14.0.08 General Release and it restored my ability to render to a window.

Don't really understand why this happened or what diabling the plugin fixed the issue, but it worked.

That's rather drastic, and will break many custom shaders.

@Richard Haseltine "That's rather drastic, and will break many custom shaders."

I'm wide open to other suggestions, but didn't find any useful advice either here or on the Web after three days of searching.

• Sorry, I think there have been others with the issue but I don't know how those were resolved (if they were resolved). All I can suggest is a support ticket, but that's obviously going to be very slow at the moment.

@Richard Haseltine

I appreciate your effort, but I'm not going to hit Support with a ticket right now for obvious (to me at least) reasons. Disabling the Shader Builder DLL isn't (apparently) causing issues right now. It is puzzling because 4.14.0.08 Beta rendered fine initially and I'm fairly certain the Shader Builder dll was enabled.

At any rate I'll try the new 4.14.0.10 Beta with the DLL enabled and see what happens.