Strand-based hair follicle map

Is it possible to recover the follicle map from a strand-based hair model? I presume it must be stored somewhere as a uv-map. If you know or if you have any idea how it is incorporated into the SBH model, please let me know, Thanks!

Comments

• Well, you can export/Import the maps from the Strand Base hair Editor>Paint tab.

• Thank you, RIchard. The paint tab lets me export the hair density maps. Not follicle maps. Under the distribute tab there is a an option one can select, to show the locations of the follicles on the skin. But there is no export option there. If I had a follicle map, I could create a bump map for goosebumps that would exactly match the hair locations. That would enable extremely realistic hair standing on end emerging from the goosebumps,

• Thank you, RIchard. The paint tab lets me export the hair density maps. Not follicle maps. Under the distribute tab there is a an option one can select, to show the locations of the follicles on the skin. But there is no export option there. If I had a follicle map, I could create a bump map for goosebumps that would exactly match the hair locations. That would enable extremely realistic hair standing on end emerging from the goosebumps,

I'm not sure those are maps, per se. Just a thought, possibly doomed to failure, but I wonder it setting up a simple AO shader in Shader Mixer, then making the hair thick, and finally using Shader Baker to generate maps might give you something usable as a starting point.