Eyes are broken pls help (pls fast^^)

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have here a weird problem :(

The eyes had black holes, and I removed the head to see it and... there is some problem on the eyeballs, I did try to let the lady look like a bit older Lady.

Render SubD1.

When I change the render SubD, to a much higher it get lesser ugly, but still broken:

The char was locked on 4/4 SubD (preview/render). with 1mill. polygons, I just need the char a bit in the background but... I hate this problem and wanna know what it is and how to fix.

I know iray have sometimes problems, when someone stays too far away, but the char is on -700 Z axis, not that faar away, i think after 1.000+ it starts bugging, but not at 700, I did moved it to 0, and it was still there, so its not a iray distance bug.

Changing the eye color material from a other skin doesnt help, so its something with the body, maybe the HD Morphs? but I didnt saw a change after zero them :/

Zero the main shapes, causes a other black thing bug.

Post edited by Loony on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924

If you have Render Settings Optimization set to Memory or Auto, try setting it to Speed. That is another known problem with black marks on iray character eyes. And keep your character at 0. Don't put it at -700.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 163626.png
    486 x 421 - 50K
  • LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited November 2020
    barbult said:

If you have Render Settings Optimization set to Memory or Auto, try setting it to Speed. That is another known problem with black marks on iray character eyes. And keep your character at 0. Don't put it at -700.

Thanks for your answer.

Well, it is on 700 because the char is inside the room, it will not be always at 0 :D I dont wanna run everytim my centre script when I move one char :o

I will try that change setting.

The change to speed helped, amazing! Should I use it always? Do YOU use it always? I never saw that option and never talked about it :O.... 1year daz3d and now I learn that! :3 (yeah, I started november 2019 with daz3d... 1year here wohoo!, my acc. is older but I am now really here!)

Just tested, the error doesnt come at memory/speed, ONLY at auto. what is this setting, what should I know about it?

Post edited by Loony on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

The setting is for instances but as to why it fixes the issue who knows.  I usually use the memory option because I use UltraScenery a lot and it saves from forgetting to set it if I use US as the scenery.  If you are not using instances in your scene then it does not matter which one you select and I want to say there have been some cases where the memory option does not work.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Well, I did use instances now, so the instances in my scene did cause the bug?