DIM not working (was Can we manually install Daz 4.14?)

chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Trying to fix another problem, I tried uninstalling and reinsatlling Daz Studio 4.14 through DIM.

Well, the uninstalling happened, but now I have no Daz Studio in the "Installed" tab, but also nothing in the "ready to download" tab either.

I took a risk and tried Daz Central, that just said "loading" forever.

Is it possible to download it and install it manually? What else can I try?

Post edited by chris-2599934 on

Comments

• Trying to fix another problem, I tried uninstalling and reinsatlling Daz Studio 4.14 through DIM.

Well, the uninstalling happened, but now I have no Daz Studio in the "Installed" tab, but also nothing in the "ready to download" tab either.

I took a risk and tried Daz Central, that just said "loading" forever.

Is it possible to download it and install it manually? What else can I try?

Nothing in Ready to install either? Have you checked the Dowload Filters?

Yes, theer should be a stand-aline isntaller in the Product Library.

• Nothing in "Ready to Download", nothing in "Ready to Install", all my other products but no Daz Studiop 4.14 in DIM.

I don't see Daz Studio 4.14 in my Product Library either. I tried getting the beta to see if it would let me install that - but that doesn't appear in DIM either.

I think the problem happened because, when I uninstalled DS, I rather foolishly said "No" when it asked me if DIM could make changes to my machine. Then I closed DIM. So it half thinks it's uninstalled DS and half doesn't.

I tried buying one of the weekly freebies from the shop, that doesn't show up in DIM either. Maybe I need to start with a clean install of DIM instead?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Here's a link to DS 4.14 in your product library.  The manual downloads are at the bottom of the page.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

• Thanks for that Lindsey, I now have Studio back up and running.

DIM is completely broken though. If I buy new things from the shop (only freebies so far), they don't show up as ready to download in DIM. If I uninstall a product from the "Installed" tab, that doesn't show up again either.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DIM. I even tried renaming the cms and manifest files directories so it would have to start fresh ones. No dice.

• melaniemelanie Posts: 779

This keeps happening. It's happened to me several times, it comes back, and then it's gone again. My Ready to Download just went blank once again just a few minutes ago. I was downloading things right and left just before that, but now everything is blank again.

• Summoned up the courage to try launching DIM again today, for the first time in nearly a week, and it now seems to be working normally. I'm just hoping that it stays that way...

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 474

same here... it is back again