4.14 Doesn't Load

4.14 stalls when opening. I never get to use the application.

daz studio stalled.png
356 x 166 - 130K

Comments

• yas1535 said:

4.14 stalls when opening. I never get to use the application.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone experienced this with other versions?

• I can't see that shrunken image. Have you closed DS through Task Manager?

• Hi,

I had 4.14 load when I uploaded content using DIM. I didn't notice it was in the list. My mistake there.

However, it is now loaded. But it is constantly updating metadata. It's been goign for two days. I can't render anything, and when I try to acccess my account from the connect tab it tells me the site doesn't exist. Also my log file says there is a persistant error with my browser. I have no idea where to start trying fo fix this. I sent a note to Tech a few days ago. No word back yet. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, that didn't help. I tried reinstalling 4.12, still ended up with 4.14. I'm dead in the water until I resolve this.

Any thoughts out there?

Oh, I am at the latest level of C==. I recall an error with that when I went to 4.12 the first time.

Thanks,

• jrapp11 said:

Hi,

I had 4.14 load when I uploaded content using DIM. I didn't notice it was in the list. My mistake there.

However, it is now loaded. But it is constantly updating metadata. It's been goign for two days. I can't render anything, and when I try to acccess my account from the connect tab it tells me the site doesn't exist. Also my log file says there is a persistant error with my browser. I have no idea where to start trying fo fix this. I sent a note to Tech a few days ago. No word back yet. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, that didn't help. I tried reinstalling 4.12, still ended up with 4.14. I'm dead in the water until I resolve this.

Any thoughts out there?

Oh, I am at the latest level of C==. I recall an error with that when I went to 4.12 the first time.

Thanks,

Your experience is pretty much what I was trying to post earlier. I got Daz 4.14 to install and used it. Then, a few days later it won't open to where I can see the work space. All I get when I hover over the icon in the taskbar is the little white screen. I also tried to uninstall it and reinstall it several times. I'm researching the problem but still haven't found anything.

• Yes, experience a very simular problem.
    Upgraded to version 4.14. It will initially load and operate fine, however; if I close out the program and try and re-open it, it will not open. In order to get it to open again, after the inital opening of the program, I have to restart my PC. Very frustrating to say the least.
    Another issue I found is the Environment and Tone Mapping options do not appear at all in the Rendering Settings list. When I click the Render Tab, the Iray render window opens and scene rendering begins, and the Environment and Tone Mapping Settings options will then suddenly appear in Render Settings, but they also write themselves and appear on the Scene View list as "Tone Mapper Option" and "Environment Option". Have to do a blind render (not able to set Envirionment or Tone Mapping settings) in order for these setting options to appear for use. If you remove the Environment Option and the Mapping Option from the Scene View list it removes the options from the Render Settings list. 

Any fix for this issue, and what is causing this?

• Are you closing normally or are you using Task Manager to close?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416
    edited November 2020
    viper3360 said:

Yes, experience a very simular problem.
    Upgraded to version 4.14. It will initially load and operate fine, however; if I close out the program and try and re-open it, it will not open. In order to get it to open again, after the inital opening of the program, I have to restart my PC. Very frustrating to say the least.

See the information on instances in Daz Studio Pro 4.12 - instances

viper3360 said:

Another issue I found is the Environment and Tone Mapping options do not appear at all in the Rendering Settings list. When I click the Render Tab, the Iray render window opens and scene rendering begins, and the Environment and Tone Mapping Settings options will then suddenly appear in Render Settings, but they also write themselves and appear on the Scene View list as "Tone Mapper Option" and "Environment Option". Have to do a blind render (not able to set Envirionment or Tone Mapping settings) in order for these setting options to appear for use. If you remove the Environment Option and the Mapping Option from the Scene View list it removes the options from the Render Settings list. 

This is the expected bhaviour - see the discussion of the new singleton nodes in the release and highlights threads.

viper3360 said:

Any fix for this issue, and what is causing this?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

This is the expected bhaviour - see the discussion of the new singleton nodes in the release and highlights threads.

What is the point of this downgrade?

•  

The point of this development is:

The singleton nodes are the embodiment of scene level options moved (not copied) to nodes in the scene in order to provide access to those settings outside of the limited context there were previously provided under. Because it is now possible to have a viewport set to the Filament (PBR) DrawStyle, and also have the active renderer set to NVIDIA Iray, both of which have similar settings, it was not intuitive to have to go to Render Settings for the NVIDIA Iray renderer in order to adjust a setting that affected the Filament (PBR) DrawStyle. Similarly, it would not be intuitive to have to set the DrawStyle for the active viewport (of which there can be several) to Filament (PBR) and then access the Draw Setting pane in order adjust setting that affect the NVIDIA Iray renderer. It made more sense to expose the common settings using a familiar paradigm (a node in the scene), introduce the concept of singletons, and present the properties on those nodes in the appropriate panes when/where applicable.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited November 2020

The singleton nodes are the embodiment of scene level options moved (not copied) to nodes in the scene in order to provide access to those settings outside of the limited context there were previously provided under. Because it is now possible to have a viewport set to the Filament (PBR) DrawStyle, and also have the active renderer set to NVIDIA Iray, both of which have similar settings, it was not intuitive to have to go to Render Settings for the NVIDIA Iray renderer in order to adjust a setting that affected the Filament (PBR) DrawStyle. Similarly, it would not be intuitive to have to set the DrawStyle for the active viewport (of which there can be several) to Filament (PBR) and then access the Draw Setting pane in order adjust setting that affect the NVIDIA Iray renderer. It made more sense to expose the common settings using a familiar paradigm (a node in the scene), introduce the concept of singletons, and present the properties on those nodes in the appropriate panes when/where applicable.

In my opinion it's not a "development" if it takes me more steps to do what I did before.

Post edited by Leonides02 on
  •  

In my opinion it's not a "development" if it takes me more steps to do what I did before.

Nevertheless, it is something that was done for a reason.

• yas1535yas1535 Posts: 11
    edited November 2020

When I click on the Daz app it never opens. This is all I see when I hover my mouse over the icon. Does anyone have a solution? The app never opens.

daz studio stalled 2.png
    1116 x 1062 - 1M
    Post edited by yas1535 on
  • Which OS is that?

edited November 2020

Windows 10 20H2

• In that case, go to

%AppDATA%/daz 3d/studio/log.txt

and look at the final lines - what are they?

edited November 2020

In that case, go to

2020-11-21 13:25:41.556 Clearing Undo Stack...
    2020-11-21 13:25:41.568 Deleting Scene...

These are the last two lines. Is this what you are looking for?

• In that case, go to

This is what I see when I first open the app.

2020-11-21 13:30:01.256 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

2020-11-21 13:30:01.257 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 18:30:00 GMT

2020-11-21 13:30:01.257 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Server: Apache

2020-11-21 13:30:01.257 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Vary: Accept-Encoding

2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Content-Length: 226

2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Connection: close

2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: 

2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.258 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <html><head>
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.259 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <title>400 Bad Request</title>
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.259 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </head><body>
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.259 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <h1>Bad Request</h1>
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.260 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: <p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.260 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </p>
    2020-11-21 13:30:01.260 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: </body></html>

• What is before that block of errors? They are not fatal in themsellves, a lot of us are seeing them.

• What is before that block of errors? They are not fatal in themsellves, a lot of us are seeing them.

The attached file shows everything from start up to the errors.

txt
    txt
    Error Log.txt
  • Did you start DS by double-clicking D:/Scenes/Model Room001.duf or is that a scene DS iss et to auto-load on start up? What happens if you just start DS without the scene?

edited November 2020

Did you start DS by double-clicking D:/Scenes/Model Room001.duf or is that a scene DS iss et to auto-load on start up? What happens if you just start DS without the scene?

The Model Room001 scene autoloads at start up. I'm not sure how to start Daz without the auto loaded scene. I tried opening two other scenes (after closing each previous scene each time) and got the same result. 

• Do you have the Public Build, in the same version? Does it open, and can it open the scene?

I do wonder if there's some kind of error pop-up that is blocking the application from fully opening, but on the other hand it really should be displaying the UI by the time it gets to opening the scene.

• Do you have the Public Build, in the same version? Does it open, and can it open the scene?

I do wonder if there's some kind of error pop-up that is blocking the application from fully opening, but on the other hand it really should be displaying the UI by the time it gets to opening the scene.

I only have the current release. 

• I am going to keep working on it. Thanks for your help. I'll post again when I have it fixed.