Uninstalling Octane Render plug-in

After several tests with the Octane render plug in, I found that on closing Daz Studio and later trying to re-open DS in the same PC session, it will not open until I re-start my computer. How can I uninstall the plug-in. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BGee said:

After several tests with the Octane render plug in, I found that on closing Daz Studio and later trying to re-open DS in the same PC session, it will not open until I re-start my computer. How can I uninstall the plug-in. Thanks in advance.

The octane plug-in stops DS from closing, if you check in Task Manager (or the Mac equivalent) and it is running as a background process (you will need to have enabled More details to see this) with 0% CPU activity you can probably select it and click End task without issues. You can also start a fresh isntance of DS under a different name Daz Studio Pro 4.12 - instances

• I just close Daz in the task manager and its fine.

• denisnormandindenisnormandin Posts: 154
    edited November 2020

I have other issues with Octane that I don't think can be solved without uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in.

Uninstalling it through the Windows 10 settings doesn't remove it, the menus stay in place, they are just deactivated.

Reinstalling without proper unstallation doesn't solve the problems. One of them being that I can't move or close the OctaneRender Notegraph Editor window. The upper part of the window have accidentaly been moved out of reach. 

Octane Notegraph Editor.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 212K
    Post edited by denisnormandin on
  • denisnormandindenisnormandin Posts: 154
    edited November 2020

As you can see in the picture attached to my previous post, I can't use Daz anymore until that situation is resolved. So I'm going to have to take more drastic mesures.

I will uninstall both, Daz and the plug-in and reboot before reinstalling them. If that doesn't solve the issues... I wil sit in a corner and cry my heart out! wink

Then I'll come back here and tell you about it. (I'll be back even if it does work)

Post edited by denisnormandin on
  • All right it took care of that problem, lets try and fix another now.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/452266/octanerender-viewport-overrides-daz-render-settings

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@denisnormandin

For the future Help>About Installed Plugins

• Was toying with (get it haha) the idea of trying the plugin because I wanted to see if Otoy handles MDL materals better than it did a year or so ago, but this experience might have just killed that. Thanks for sharing your experience, last thing I need is another headache. Shame really, because octane is really nice with what it does do well. Their mats look okay, but having to substitute a bunch of textures for stuff that looks vaguely like the original is kind of dissapointing, while iray with native daz mats just make the experience a lot better. Would be cool if they could play well together, now my curiousity is going to nag me...