Filament

So how do I render in Filament? In render settings all the options I hacve is Iray 3dl and opengl

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Do you have a Mac? It currently doesn't run on that system.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

No I have a pc

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Thanks Richard I just noticed that option

• I just started using filament and cannot get the photometric lights to work.  They load into the scene fine.  I checked the option "Apply Active Viewport Transforms" when I created them.  The problem is they have no effect whatsoever on the scene.  Photometric Mode is 'on'.  Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I have a PC.  I'm running an i7 3rd gen 3.7 GHz, with 32 BG RAM with an EVGA GTX 970 (4GB).  Any help would  be greatly appreciated.  

• Filament is limited in the number of lights it can handle.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Filament is limited in the number of lights it can handle.

Got you, but I can't get even one to be active.  I'm wondering if my GPU is too limited.  I am running Unreal Engine and getting some good work done in it, however.  

• woyame1 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Got you, but I can't get even one to be active.  I'm wondering if my GPU is too limited.  I am running Unreal Engine and getting some good work done in it, however.  

Do the lights work in an Iray render?

• Richard Haseltine said:

woyame1 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Do the lights work in an Iray render?

Actually got it to work.  Thanks for mentioning iray.  Setting up like an iray photometric was the key (mainly upping the Luminous Flus (Lumen) to the tens of thousands instead of the default 1500).  Also, it turns out the light cone must be touching the subject or there is no effect.  I appreciate your responses and suggestions.  I'll try to post back to show what I've done with it in the future.