Poser to Unity3d problem

deeds0ldeeds0l Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi I am using poser to export my COLLADA file to unity3d but after importing it with all the animations to unity the clothes do not fit well and the objects that I have attached to the character did not scale well either. I also have tried the autodesk fbx converter which gave me the same result. I know that poser 2014 game dev is released and they offer an fbx exporter but is it really that different from exporting a collada file?

I do not know if i parented the object properly but I have the hair, clothes and wings of my character conformed to it. Attached are images of my character in poser and after I export it to unity.

posertounity2.png
1280 x 770 - 850K
posertounity.png
770 x 553 - 106K

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,794
    edited December 1969

I don't use Unity, but here is a matrix of export settings for Collada export to various apps..

http://poser.smithmicro.com/tutorials/collada_matrix.html

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

I haven't tried it my self yet but from what I've read and heard it is that big of a different with the Game Dev version.
    If you have poser 2014 it's only a 40 buck upgrade.

• deeds0ldeeds0l Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@WandW Thanks for the link but the unity boxes are all blank so does it mean it is up to the user to decide on the export options.

In my export I just followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhMHfJvrG68 but of course his model in the tutorial does not have any wearables conformed to it therefore it exports out smoothly.

@Ghostman Yeah I planning to buy it. But I read its new features and it was all about optimizing the model's LOD and I dont know if it could fix my problem.

posertounity3.png
    436 x 446 - 26K
  • GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

deeds0l said:

@Ghostman Yeah I planning to buy it. But I read its new features and it was all about optimizing the model's LOD and I dont know if it could fix my problem.

What it does is that it combines all the figures into one figure. That means if you have conformed clothing you just combine them into one ( Figure and clothing) and then export it. That would solve this particular problem I think.