Render Settings Default Button

supernoobsupernoob Posts: 154

Since I updated Daz Studio to 4.14, and these two new nodes (Environment Options + Tonemapper Options) appeared, the 'defaults' button in the 'Render Settings' tab no longer works. Specifically I cannot default the 'environment' or 'tonemapping' options. This seems to affect old scenes I'm loading and brand new blank scenes where I've manually added the two new nodes (so basically every scene).

Is there something I'm missing, like an option to locks/unlock, or have the devs just broken it?

I'm on a Mac.

Post edited by supernoob on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@supernoob " and brand new blank scenes where I've manually added the two new nodes (so basically every scene)"

I'm not understanding your problem. The settings will be default when you add the nodes. If you have rendered in Iray once, the nodes will appear with default settings, unless you have laoded a Render Preset or have set your preferences to save render settings.

If you don't see changes when you hit click the Default button, it means your settings are the default.

• supernoobsupernoob Posts: 154
    edited November 2020
    fastbike1 said:

@supernoob " and brand new blank scenes where I've manually added the two new nodes (so basically every scene)"

I'm not understanding your problem. The settings will be default when you add the nodes. If you have rendered in Iray once, the nodes will appear with default settings, unless you have laoded a Render Preset or have set your preferences to save render settings.

If you don't see changes when you hit click the Default button, it means your settings are the default.

When I change the environment / tone mapping settings from their defaults, I cannot get them back to their defaults because the 'default' button does not reset them.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    supernoob said:
    fastbike1 said:

When I change the environment / tone mapping settings from their defaults, I cannot get them back to their defaults because the 'default' button does not reset them.

I've also noticed this,  sometime it works, but most of the time it doesn't.  I'm also using a Mac.

edited November 2020
    Platnumk said:
    supernoob said:
    fastbike1 said:

I've also noticed this,  sometime it works, but most of the time it doesn't.  I'm also using a Mac.

It works on all the other tabs in 'render settings' for me, just not 'envoronment' or 'tone mapping'.

I wonder if there's a way to turn this whole thing off, so it's like it was before the update, seeing as we can't even use the new filament thing anyway.

• 3P-Voltage3P-Voltage Posts: 9
    edited November 2020

I've also noticed this, since Version 4.14 'environment' and 'tone mapping' values are not set to defaults with the Render Settings "Defaults" button.

I'm using a PC with Windows 10 / 64bit / 16GB and GTX 1060 / 6GB...

Post edited by 3P-Voltage on
  • edited January 2021

Me too. Default button not working for environment and others in the render settings. Me using Windows.

Post edited by youngpower_d205a7f2f3 on
  • deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Did you try deleting the tone mapping and environment items in the scene tab, and then loading them back in? That should give you the defaults again, doesn't it?

deepswing said:

Did you try deleting the tone mapping and environment items in the scene tab, and then loading them back in? That should give you the defaults again, doesn't it?

Yes! Thank you, that actually works perfectly, can't believe I didn't think to do it beforeangry

They might as well just remove the 'default' button.