Daz 4.14 - No Environment Section is Render Tab

After installing Daz 4.14, I don't seem to have an environment section under my Iray settings in the Render tab anymore (where you can swap out HDRI, choose to light with Scene only, etc.). Any one else having this problem? Is there an easy fix or do I need to reinstall?

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664

You have to add the Enviroment Node & ToneMapping Node both of which can be found under the Creare Menu

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    edited November 2020
    elbeal said:

After installing Daz 4.14, I don't seem to have an environment section under my Iray settings in the Render tab anymore (where you can swap out HDRI, choose to light with Scene only, etc.). Any one else having this problem? Is there an easy fix or do I need to reinstall?

It's not a bug, those settings have been moved to nodes in 4.14.

Post edited by Leana on
  • elbealelbeal Posts: 13

Thanks. Glad I didn't try the reinstall. 

• Leana said:
    elbeal said:

It's not a bug, those settings have been moved to nodes in 4.14.

Once the nodes are added, from the Create menu or by rendering, the properties will also be available in Render Settings.

• yes, I have the same issue. actually the nodes in the scene tab and options for environment & tone mapping in render settings were available yesterday. today they have wanished. I'll check that create menu.

• ok, just checked the create menue, thank you for the advice. we have to do this everytime (every new scene), though....

• ok, just checked the create menue, thank you for the advice. we have to do this everytime (every new scene), though....

See the section "Singleton Option Nodes " here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6200861/#Comment_6200861

• thank you very much Richard :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

You can also create a default scene that includes the nodes (and anything else you want) and set that as the deault to be loaded on New. This is in the Edit>Preferences menu. 

ok, just checked the create menue, thank you for the advice. we have to do this everytime (every new scene), though....