Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• saintneversaintnever Posts: 7
    edited March 2016
    Chohole said:
    You were so very right Chohole, I am now a Digital Art Zone Guru!! I know my Vic7's from Micheal 4's now!! Woooo!

Hi and welcome. Loving your intro, with your sense of humour you should fit in well.

You may find this interesting   History of Daz Human FIgures

You were so very right Chohole, I am now a Digital Art Zone Guru!! I know my Vic7's from Micheal 4's now!! Woooo!

Chohole said:

Hi!!! My name is Danny and oh my god what have I gotten myself into??? I've ended up a Daz 3D Studio user from a long "directory tree's" worth of turns being an AE long time user. I'm a musician who lives in southwest Missouri and creativity has become my life. I'm here now because I got the hairbrained idea to make my own variety show. I kinda go nuts on the following through of these ideas....but right now I can't stop looking at Genesis 3 female's butt. :)

Alright, jokes aside; seriously where does Gen3 end and Victoria 4-7 begin??? DId I get a Vicky with my Studio 4.9 download and I'm just not understanding this crazyass file structure? I'm sure you guys all have amazingly streamlined content......but I'm stuck trying to get pants on Jeanne. Gen2 and Gen3 don't play so well together, huh? And where the heck do Vick and Mikey come in?? Ermahgosh so many questions. I looking forward to learning with all of you!

Mr. Danny Maple.

Hi and welcome. Loving your intro, with your sense of humour you should fit in well.

You may find this interesting   History of Daz Human FIgures

Post edited by Chohole on
  • I'm not technically new, but it's been years, so it feels like I'm brand new. I just downloaded DAZ last night, and I'm sure I'm gonna spend most of the weekend downloading stuff. This is a new computer and I lost all of my old stuff. Not that I had much. Anyways, I'm feeling that old excitement, so I'm looking to exploring the store and forums to see what all I've missed.

• bunglebungle Posts: 38
    edited April 2016

Hello, my first name is bungle. I started playing with DS about a month ago, although I already knew how to use a computer. I want to know how to turn digital art into a career so I don't have to have to make missile guidance systems for lockheed anymore. I completed my first render and entered it into the April contest. I think I'm more interested in trying to make the toon look like a photograph than a toon. Here's the link to the entry:

• unclebookey910unclebookey910 Posts: 0
    edited April 2016

ok...I don't spell very well and deff don't type very fast, but the names Carter and i'm still not for sure if this is the right direction for me to be going... My aspiration (for now) is to see if i can generate characters for a movie i've sorta written about five years ago and have been working on it, off and on since but the software i was using was extreamly limited, and then was shut down and left me kinda like what do i do now... Anyway, what i really want is to create models and then use them in this movie but like i said, i don't know if this is where i need to be, at least to start so, i'd like for someone to reply to this plea please, and btw... i'm not too computer savey and don't understand most of the jargen in this software...  Its the second one i've tried. The first being Blender, which over whelmed me, but i'm determand to see if theres something that would be easier for me so... but ok, thats all i've got to say for now... Thx for listening, or reading, w/e   lol

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • edited April 2016

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

Hi my name is Lorenz and I am a long time Bryce 5 user. My interest is exclusively in natural landscapes not figures and I want to know if I upgrade to Bryce 7 if I can work in a similar way. I realize I would have to pay for landscape coverings and different skys etc, but I think the program may have changed from the earlier version and that I may not be able to work following the general procedure of creating a shape like a mountain or an ocean wave and then covering it with covereings like those included in Bryce 5. Then perhpas picking a sky and modifying it in the skylab. I like to do fairly realistic landscapes and if anyone can reccommend a group of products that would allow me to work up various landscapes in a manner similar to the way I work in Bryce 5 I would be grateful. Attached is a simple example of the way I use Bryce 5. Thank you. 

• Lorenz again. I see after I posted  that  BMP is not an allowed file time. I asked if there is a way to work with Bryce 7 the way I worked with Bryce5. Here is a jpg version - assuming it is an allowed file type. 

SpaRock3.jpg
    540 x 405 - 29K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hi Lorenz,  yes basically Bryce 7 is the same as Bryce 5, it just has a lot of enhancements, but none that alter the way the basic stuff works.  Some wonderful lighting additions,

Come and see us over in the Bryce Forum  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/bryce-discussion

One of my images, made using just 3 terrains and some vegetation   http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/27380

• Hello! my name is Dan. :) I am having a hard time logging into daz studio, i downloaded daz the i could not log in then i uninstalled daz studio and deleted everything and redownloaded daz reinstalled everything. I still cant log in.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    ckent2884 said:

Hello! my name is Dan. :) I am having a hard time logging into daz studio, i downloaded daz the i could not log in then i uninstalled daz studio and deleted everything and redownloaded daz reinstalled everything. I still cant log in.

Did you also install PostgreSQL CMS?  DO you get any error messages when you try to log in?

• yes i did install sql cms in intall manager. and i can log in on the site, its just i can't log into daz studio, i get (ERROR X)   lol also does anyone know where i can get the link to Daz studio 32 bit for lipsync i cant find the download anywhere. 

• ckent2884 said:

Hello! my name is Dan. :) I am having a hard time logging into daz studio, i downloaded daz the i could not log in then i uninstalled daz studio and deleted everything and redownloaded daz reinstalled everything. I still cant log in.

Did you also install PostgreSQL CMS?  DO you get any error messages when you try to log in?

did not see the quote button until after i sent it lo you. yes i did install PostgreSQL CMS  in install manager, however on looking closer i noticed it says 0 bytes next to it.  :( Yes i do get a error message when i log in. it says (ERROR X)  and then says OK  at the bottom.  Also if anyone can help me by sending a link to Daz studio 32 bite that would help also thank you. 

If it says 0 bytes then that's the converter from the old Valentina database to PostgreSQL, the PostgreSQL CMS is a separate item.

You can install the 32-bit verion with Install Manager, or you can download a standalone installer here:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

Try to log in, then immediately go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File and copy the 20 last lines at the very bottom and paste them here.

• If it says 0 bytes then that's the converter from the old Valentina database to PostgreSQL, the PostgreSQL CMS is a separate item.

You can install the 32-bit verion with Install Manager, or you can download a standalone installer here:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

Try to log in, then immediately go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File and copy the 20 last lines at the very bottom and paste them here.

Thankyou for the daz download! :) ok I lost you at help. http://oi65.tinypic.com/xfyowg.jpg

After you try to login, close the dialog boxes and click on Help from the top menubar.

• ckent2884ckent2884 Posts: 5
    edited April 2016

After you try to login, close the dialog boxes and click on Help from the top menubar.

Got it here it is :)  DAZ Studio 32 bit failed. It wont let me use DAZ Studio 32 bit! This is a problematic program. If i can't get up and running by next saturday i think i am just going to call it quits. 

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (SELECT * FROM "customer") failed with exception: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
    LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "customer"
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (SELECT * FROM "customer") failed with exception: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in CloudFIle::lookupFromDb: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
                          ^

^

^

^

^

Migration failed.
    Compiled C:/Users/Dean/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{0a270503-b73d-46f8-838b-fe85c27e10eb}/shader_Surface.sdl...
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in productGetAllFirstLetter: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Query (SELECT * FROM "tblCategories" WHERE "fldCategoryParent" IS NULL) failed with exception: ERROR:  relation "tblCategories" does not exist
    LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "tblCategories" WHERE "fldCategoryParent" IS N...
                          ^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in categoryGetRoot: ERROR:  relation "tblCategories" does not exist
    LINE 1: SELECT * FROM "tblCategories" WHERE "fldCategoryParent" IS N...
                          ^

^

WARNING: cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in contentGetByRelativePath: ERROR:  relation "customer" does not exist
                          ^

Post edited by ckent2884 on
  • hello all I just installed "Victoria 6 / Genesis 2 Female (s) High Heel Walk aniBlock" and I do not have the compleat bar in animate yet I installed with "DIM" what should I do?

• Hi, I'm Rinelle, and I'm looking to learn Daz3D for creating book covers.

I'm a complete newby to 3d, though I've done a lot of photos manipulation. Not even remotely the same! 

• JakeEdwardJakeEdward Posts: 51
    edited April 2016

Hi;

Been using Poser since Poser 3.  Just trying out Daz for the first time.  I have an ASUS ROG lap top.  Super fast and powerful.  All the goodies.

However, just started using Poser Pro 14, and now as V7 will only work on Daz, I downloaded Daz Studios, latest addition and the installer. 

However although the install was completely successful I keep getting an error that will not let me update the installer software.  Daz itself does not appear to work, at all.

I am using windows 10 and Trend Micro.  Are their any common issues with either windows 10 or trend micro virus software I should know about?

See attached hi-lited snip.

Issue.JPG
    1620 x 963 - 252K
    Post edited by JakeEdward on
  • Did you install PostgreSQL? That's the database engine that handles the Content Management System

• Did you install PostgreSQL? That's the database engine that handles the Content Management System

No where do I get that ?

Did you install PostgreSQL? That's the database engine that handles the Content Management System

No where do I get that ?

It will show up in Daz Install Manager, or ypu can download it from yout Product Library from the Daz Studio page.

• hi to you all my name is casey, and I am sick of doing nothing, I am 76 years old and love to learn designing for DAZ but must know how. 

About music I like well country western, and classic music
    I live down under  south australia.

• Hello everyone my name is for now Tsujimoto! I wish to be a amazing video game developer!!!!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited April 2016

Hi, all. My name is Tracy and I'm a comic book and free lance commission artist. I've been doing 2D art professionally for a few years and have always wanted to learn 3D. When I discovered Daz Studio (and more importantly that it's FREE), I had no more excuses to not learn how to do 3D. I'm a complete 3D newb though, and honestly I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. There are SO MANY figures and models and different versions of Genesis and different figures and many aren't compatable with different Genesis versions and I just don't know where to start. 

I don't make much money - as a freelance artist some months I barely make enough to put some food on the table, so I need some advice. What figure(s) and product(s) should I get that will give me the most "bang for my buck". I'm really into toon type figures but I also enjoy realism and realistic figures. I'd love to have figures that I can do "hybrid" morphs with that will give me a cool mix of realizm and "toon"/anime looks. I also would want to know what figures would be best to get for someone who is going to need to rely pretty heavily on finding "freebies" (again, I'm a "starving artist" and often barely make enough to pay some bills, so I won't be able to buy many products at all and will be interested in the products/figures with the most freebies available). 

Any help and advice you can give me on what to get for someone in my situation would be a huge help! Thank you in advance for those who take the time to give some advice! I do hope I get some - because right now I'm feeling so overwhelmed and have no idea what I should get and where to start. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Hi, all. My name is Tracy and I'm a comic book and free lance commission artist. I've been doing 2D art professionally for a few years and have always wanted to learn 3D. When I discovered Daz Studio (and more importantly that it's FREE), I had no more excuses to not learn how to do 3D. I'm a complete 3D newb though, and honestly I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. There are SO MANY figures and models and different versions of Genesis and different figures and many aren't compatable with different Genesis versions and I just don't know where to start. 

I don't make much money - as a freelance artist some months I barely make enough to put some food on the table, so I need some advice. What figure(s) and product(s) should I get that will give me the most "bang for my buck". I'm really into toon type figures but I also enjoy realism and realistic figures. I'd love to have figures that I can do "hybrid" morphs with that will give me a cool mix of realizm and "toon"/anime looks. I also would want to know what figures would be best to get for someone who is going to need to rely pretty heavily on finding "freebies" (again, I'm a "starving artist" and often barely make enough to pay some bills, so I won't be able to buy many products at all and will be interested in the products/figures with the most freebies available). 

Any help and advice you can give me on what to get for someone in my situation would be a huge help! Thank you in advance for those who take the time to give some advice! I do hope I get some - because right now I'm feeling so overwhelmed and have no idea what I should get and where to start. 

There's nothing saying you have to pick just one figure. Many items can be covnerted from one figure to another (clothes are free to convert, using AutoFit, from one generation to the next and you can do a two step conversion to go from Genesis to Genesis 3, or Victoria 4 to Genesis 2; maps from the previous generation are usable on the next up to Genesis 2 but skipping generations or going to Genesis 3 requires a paid-for add-on or more fiddling; morphs can be transferred using the Transfer utility or the paid-for GenX 2 utility) and you can always simply use more than one geenration of figures in a scene. Toons are harder to judge sicne there are many kinds of toon, and not so much that is free. I assuem you are checking out http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/freebies

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,872
    edited April 2016

Did you install PostgreSQL? That's the database engine that handles the Content Management System

Have you installed the Daz Install Manager yet (DIM)? That is an application that runs on your computer and connects to your Daz account to list all the products you own and let you install them. If you do have DIM installed, you will find PostgreSQL available for installation by the DIM.

Edit - oops, somehow I overlooked fixmypcmike's reply. So, yah, what he said!

Post edited by barbult on

hi to you all my name is casey, and I am sick of doing nothing, I am 76 years old and love to learn designing for DAZ but must know how. 

About music I like well country western, and classic music
    I live down under  south australia.

Welcome, Casey, and good for you, not sitting around doing nothing, but learning a new skill! First learn to use Daz Studio and then branch out into content creation. There's tons of fun to be had here!

Hello everyone my name is for now Tsujimoto! I wish to be a amazing video game developer!!!!

Welcome, Tsujimoto. The Daz store has several game developer licenses for sale that allow you to use Daz store products in games. There are different levels of licenses, so if you buy one, be sure to check the restrictions on each one. But before you get that far, I'm sure you'll want to spend some time just learning the program and seeing if it does what you need. Also, have you heard of Morph3D? It is more game oriented than Daz Studio.

Hi, all. My name is Tracy and I'm a comic book and free lance commission artist. I've been doing 2D art professionally for a few years and have always wanted to learn 3D. When I discovered Daz Studio (and more importantly that it's FREE), I had no more excuses to not learn how to do 3D. I'm a complete 3D newb though, and honestly I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. There are SO MANY figures and models and different versions of Genesis and different figures and many aren't compatable with different Genesis versions and I just don't know where to start. 

Tracy, my guess is that there is more free stuff for Victoria 4 than the Genesis models, because she has been around much longer, but that is a guess. However, I think all generations of Genesis models are easier to work with than the generation 4 models (Victoria 4, Michael 4). One thing to consider is that the original Genesis could be a man, a woman, or a child, right out of the box, without purchasing any add-on products. Like Richard said, there fewer options with toons. Also, the original Genesis is getting older now, and there are often very good sales on wardrobe and accessories for it. However, you will not see much new content released for it. Most content released now is for Genesis 3. Even Genesis 2 is passe now, as far as new products are concerned, for the most part. You can find free content on sites like ShareCG, and forum member WilmaP has a whole line of free clothing at her website. Here is her forum thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/45589/wilmap-s-digital-creations-last-updated-20-02-16. The most important thing is to just start learning to use Daz Studio. So download some free items and play around.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Thanks for taking the time to comment and leave some advice, Richard and barbult! I really appreacite it! I've been checking out https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page and they seam to have some Daz stuff as well as ShareCG.com and Renderosity.com. So far it seams I've been able to find mostly Genesis 1 stuff so I bought a body morph pack for that and it has helped a lot. I'll check out the two links that you guys gave me (I really apprecite that). If you have any other links to good freebie sites please feel free to share! I'm totally new to all this so any help I can get is much appreciate! :D 

I found a figure that I really like called "STAR! by Littlefox" and am pretty happy with the figure. I was able to get her on sale so it wasn't too much of a hit to my finances. She's a bit too "toonish" for my taste so I did some mods to her with the awesome free Star body and face morph packs by Aeridis. I've not quite got her to the way I want her so I am considering trying to learn blender or something to get it exactly how I want it. But I definitely want to learn Daz first. 

I really want Aiko 3 but I can't really aford it. I also want one of "The Girl" figures but need to research to see if I can find out which one has the most freebies for it. Again I can't really aford either though right now so I'll just have to wait and see - or try and figure out how to use the Daz included Genesis figures or Star to come up with the type of figure I want. 

Thanks again for the welcome and the advice. Any more advice you could give would of course be quite welcome! :D