Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2014

Hi Berthony welcome to DAZ 3D. I agree with Frank...
    Off the top of my head I can recommend these products to get you started on your school project.
    Growing Up for Genesis this is for the Genesis 1 base figure and all its shapes. It will do your kids to teens for you.
    Aged for Genesis this will allow you to do the older people for your school project think age lines here.
    For the standard teachers and other people any of the Genesis 1 or Genesis 2 figures you like will work. And be a base to build the Childern and older adult figures from.
    For the Class Room there are a couple of different school room and gathering room type sets in the store. And many prop sets as well. Ranging fro crayons and safety scissors to biioks and desk top clutter with piles of paper.

Your project sounds very doable with DAZ 3D items and DAZ Studio.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • HeadClot88HeadClot88 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone,

My name is Benjamin,

I am a 3D modeler primarily props and stuff.
    I work with 3D Studio Max for Modeling and Animation.

Anyway - I am looking to get into DAZ for an non-commercial game project.

I am currently figuring out/Tinkering with the software and having fun.

Hope to see you around,

Ben

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello Ben, and welcome to the forums!

We have a New User Forum here, and it would be a good idea to post any questions that you have in there. Using DAZ 3D figures in any game, commercial or not, requires a Game Developer's Licence.

Before you go too far into this, it would be better to ask some questions on the New User Forum, and explain what type of game you are developing, and asking whether you would need a licence or not, just to be on the safe side. There are lots of friendly users around here, and your questions will be answered civilly, especially in the New Users Forum.

Best wishes.

• benhalkumbenhalkum Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Hi! My name is Ben and I've been using Poser since Poser 4, before Pro Pack. It saddens me Daz no longer creates figures that work with Poser without having to use the Daz importer, but I figured I may as well finally be apart of the community with my fellow artist.

Most of my renders are wrestling themed as I do a lot for fantasy wrestling. I currently run a resource site also themed for Poser artist in the fantasy wrestling circle.

I love lamp.

edited December 1969

Hello Ben, and Welcome!

All of the DAZ 3D figures prior to Genesis, will still work in Poser with no extra step,. such as V4, M4 and even earlier figures.

Using Genesis and Genesis 2 via the DSON importer is fairly painless, and we also have a Poser Users forum here too where you can ask your questions. I hope to see you around the forums. Best wishes.

• fakhimfrasad26fakhimfrasad26 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello
    My name is Farsad F. A Web Developer/Designer who has a lot of skills on PHP/MySQL and XHTML/ HTML5 / HTML4.01 and also CSS 2 / CSS 3 and just looking for daz to Learn more about 3d ( i have Maya 2015 And 3dsMax 2013 but i don't get things i want from those ).

• brouxbroux Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Wow took me an hour to try and find out how to do a simple post.. I'm on an iPad ..i see no post buttons I see no instruction on how to post anything.. wtf

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited July 2014

I've never tried accessing the forum from a mobile device, so don't know what caused you not be able to see the Post Reply button. I'm glad you were finally able to post.

In any case, welcome to the DAZ forums to you and Farsad, and if you have any questions, check out our New Users Help Forum.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • brouxbroux Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thank you,.. I'm looking daz compatable 3D for old airplanes. There seems be a lot of artist selling things on the Dax website but a whole lot more when you look at how many artist there are.. Does anyone know the best way to search for specific things like this where I don't miss out on the total availability of such?

• berriboyberriboy Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Sorry can't help you with the above, but there is a thread with links to some free aircraft models.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624/

• ThunderCrewThunderCrew Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Umm ...
    Hello My name is ThunderCrew :coolhmm: Started in 2008 But at time PC was crap and when DAZ upgraded I lost ability to render, forgot all about this stuff then but recently got a new comp and am back into it .... :roll:

edited December 1969

Hello ThunderCrew, and Welcome to the forums!

The latest version of DAZ Studio has loads of new features when compared to DS3 or earlier versions of DS4. If you go to Help > Home in the DS interface, you will find lots of useful links.

We also have a New Users forum, which may be a good place to start. Enjoy yourself, and I hope you have a lot of fun here.

• ThunderCrewThunderCrew Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gawd, ya can tell I've been on facebook too much was trying to "click like" for your post LOL thanx.

• Debbie911Debbie911 Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I'm Debbie. I was a die-hard Poser user, until it couldn't get along with Internet Explorer, even though I wasn't using Internet Explorer. Anyway, I'm now having fun, as a newbie DAZ3D user, learning all the ins-and-outs of that program.

Same as probably most of you, I have always been an artsy-type. I had even created a couple of cartoon characters, in my teens (back in the 1960-1970s). Problem was, I could never draw them from behind, or turned to the side. One of my characters, Ignatius Dragon, looked very similar to 3DU's Toon Dragon, but Toon Dragon looks better, and can even turn around :-D.

Anyway, I now can turn "my" toons around. I use the images I create, as the basis for greeting cards, images for t-shirts,sweat shirts and coffee mugs, and for counted cross-stitch and latch hook rug patterns. A rug I latched a few years ago, "Creative Support Staff" earned several blue ribbons, a Best in Show, a champion and a reserve champion, in various county fairs, and the Maryland State Fair.

This year so far, my cat haiku design, "Grace Personified",featuring Toonimal Kitty, has earned a 4th place ribbon.

Debbie

Creative_Staff_Support.jpg
    815 x 1055 - 152K
    Grace_Personified.jpg
    1305 x 1107 - 268K
    edited December 1969

Great art work Debbie, and welcome to the forums, and DAZ Studio!

I'm sure you'll soon feel at home with DS, and the interface is fully customisable as well, so you can create your own UI layouts and reder settings as well.

I know you have been here for a while, but you are welcome to use the New Users forum too. A lot of people use both DS and Poser, so there is plenty of experience here. Best wishes, and hope to see you on the forums.

• wehrmacherwehrmacher Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi All,

Well, I am new to DAZ 3D, but am old... older than most here, I would suggest. 69 years tomorrow.

I am here because I want to use DAZ 3D to create a 3D object that represents an old master painting. It is my thought to use that model to have a sculpture 3D printed. I have a lot of questions and am just not struggling with the example videos.

If there is someone out there who would like to learn more about my particular interest and would be willing to mentor, I would love to hear from you. Feel free to drop me a line.

In any case, have fun and make art.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hi wehrmacher

Don't be so sure that you are older than some of the forum members, although I admit most will possibly be younger.

For a start, do be aware that at this particular point in time DAZ 3D are not allowing 3D printing. The EULA does say

The creation of three-dimensional physical images (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only by User’s purchase from DAZ, via the User’s online DAZ store account, of permission to deliver User’s derived works (art), including necessary Content, to an entity that creates three-dimensional images in a physical medium. User may then deliver User’s art in file format to that third party to have three-dimensional physical images printed or created, up to the limitations set forth in the online DAZ Store as delineated on the purchase page associated with the permission purchased. These limitations govern (i) personal and/or commercial use of the three-dimensional physical or printed images; and (ii) the quantity of three dimensional physical or printed images allowed.

But to date there is no 3D license available.

Next point is we have a New Users Help Forum, specifically designed to help New Users get to grips with their New Software in a friendly and helpful way.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/97/

Do visit us there and ask any questions that you have.

• wehrmacherwehrmacher Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks,

I appreciate the quick reply. I expect I will continue to play with DAZ 3D. It seems to be capable of making, with an artist's help, some remarkable art.

• RanzzleeRanzzlee Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

Hello my name is Chris but my screen name is Ranzzlee on this site. I have been drawing for years (I'm 47) and was very happy to get this software and be able to fuel my imagination with these wonderful 3D models and items. I am enjoying creating this kind of art as well as seeing others who are doing the same.:cheese:

edited December 1969

Hello Chris, and welcome to the DAZ 3D forums!

I hope you are enjoying your work with DAZ Studio, and if you have any questions, we are always here on the New Users forum to help you. Hope to see you on the forums.

• FikachuFikachu Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

I learned about Daz3d when I was scavenging on Google for character modeling software that can be downloaded with ease.

Even though I'm a newcomer at character-modeling, a major motivation behind me wanting to do it is because I'm interested in qualifying to later on become a game developer at Capcom Vancouver.

edited December 1969

Hello, and welcome Fikachu.

Plenty of characters to work with here, although they are a bit high poly for game use, but the principles are the same. Make sure to download and install the Genesis Starter Essentials bundles which come free with DS4.6, and the other free things that come with it too.

If you need any help, we can always be found on the New Users Help forum.

See you on the forums :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Don't be so sure that you are older than some of the forum members

Yes, what she said. :coolsmirk:

Welcome to the DAZ 3D Forums. :coolsmile:

• 1designgirl1designgirl Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello, my name is Tiffani and this is my second try at Daz3d (tried before when v3 and millennium characters were in, I think). I am a photography enthusiast (I guess, still got a lot to learn). I love graphic design, and graphic/photography/art manipulation. Thanks for all you do, I am very inspired .

edited December 1969

Hello Tiffani, and welcome to the forums :)

We have plenty of members here willing to help, so don't be stuck. Have a look at the New Users Forum, DAZ Studio has advanced quite a bit over the years, and you may find posting there helpful.

See you on the forums!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Fikachu said:
    I learned about Daz3d when I was scavenging on Google for character modeling software that can be downloaded with ease.

Even though I'm a newcomer at character-modeling, a major motivation behind me wanting to do it is because I'm interested in qualifying to later on become a game developer at Capcom Vancouver.

Welcome!

As you become more familiar with the concept of 3D figures, lighting and rigging, you will eventually find that you need to move beyond DAZ Studio to integrate 3D modeling into your work, if that is the direction you wish to go.

Fortunately, DAZ 3D has some other 3D creation software titles in its stable of software that offers numerous ways to expand your craft.

• dukemagusdukemagus Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hi there!

Duke Magus here. Barely started discovering what the tridimensional art is all about, but i'm genuinely curious about it, so i'll try a casual approach.

My aspirations are way more moest than an actual artist, i just want to lear how it works and check what i can do to refine/animate some old game-related 3d models (fair use/parody/nonprofit and other laws protecting the approach)

well, there you have it. for now i'll be reading some daz and poser guides to get the hang of it and then start rockin' on!

edited December 1969

Welcome Duke Magus, nice to see you here.

You are always welcome to ask any questions that you may have on the New Users forums, we would be delighted to see you there.

There is a lot to learn about 3D Graphics, but it is certainly do-able.

• Duncan LongDuncan Long Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm a professional writer/illustrator (with my artwork appearing on covers from HarperCollins, Pocket Books, Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, Amazing Stories Magazine, and many other small presses and self publishing authors).

I've been using DAZ Studio (and a wealth of 3d models from DAZ3D) for about a year now. And I'm using it more and more as a "shortcut" to get projects done for clients. It has proven to be a super time save -- and also has cut my expenses in hiring human models and/or stock photos.

You can see some of my artwork (including that created at least in part with DAZ Studio) at: http://duncanlong.com/art.html

• les-2605719les-2605719 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Hello Everyone,

First time posting here, My name is Lawrence and I've really been enjoying DAZ ever since I downloaded it.
    I hope to be making some cool renders shortly and new friends.
    It's all so new and has tons of settings, so I need to figure it all out. Till then nice to meet you all

Hopefully I can contribute what I know to help others like I have seen so many have done already.

Later all