Mesh Grabber (not in tools)

Windows 10

Daz 4.12 Pro (registered)

Bought, downloaded, and installed Mesh Grabber 3.0.0.0 from the command line (64bit version) can see the .dll file in the plugins directory.

It shows as bieng installed when I look in Help => About Installed Plugins..   but not on the tools menu at all.  I have reinstalled it, re-downloaded it, All with DS closed down. In the Tools - About Installed plugins I can tell it not to start (I have turned it on and off) and get nothing.

??  ideas??

Comments

• PuzziePuzzie Posts: 11

From the "About Installed Plugins" info (i.e. I read a post where the .dll was installed to the wrong directory, I checked that)

Filename :

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/MF_meshmorph.dll

Name :

ManFriday's Mesh Grabber Morph Editor

Author :

ManFriday

Version :

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,924

Did you follow the instructions in the Mesh Grabber documentation for adding the tool if Daz Studio does not do it for you? See page 11 of Mesh Grabber Manual.PDF that comes with the product.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442
    edited November 2020

Did you have an earlier version installed, or is this a first time? Maybe the new version doesn't set up the GUI elements properly. Is there anything in the Customize dialog (F3) on the Actions side called "ManFriday's Mesh Grabber"? Go to the Tool Settings tab and try the Mesh Grabber tool shortcut key combo Alt-Shift-E. Anything?

D'oh! Ninja'd again.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

Hi

Thank you both for the replies.  I have not found a manual (and I have looked).  There is a \docs\ directory at the same level as the \plugins  in it I find

C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\Mesh Grabber Morph Editor

but the only file in there is this.  "Mesh Grabber Morph Editor.dsx"

I went back to the download page for docs as well and couldn't find any.  Any idea where to find the docs?

@NorthOf45  Nope, first and only install.

The installer a lot like the old DAZ install wrapper programs.  It tells me that it is going to put files in this path (but I never could ficure out what it was talking aobut as I cannot find any path similat to the reference)

DAZ 3D\Installed Content\Mesh Grabber Morph Editor for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

Do I need to open a cmd window as administrator and run it that way??

DIM installs the manual in C:\Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/Plugins/Mesh Grabber/Mesh Grabber Manual.pdf 

Is there a reason you are not using DIM to install Mesh Grabber? 

You know, I'm not even sure the instructions for manually adding the Mesh Grabber tool to the menu are correct. I never had to use them, because installing with DIM added it to the menu automatically. So, I tried to follow those instructions today to help you out, but the F3 customize doesn't even show me a Tools menu as an option to add to. Did you try to activate Mesh Grabber with the Alt-Shift-E shortcut as suggested by Northof45?

That "Mesh Grabber Morph Editor.dsx" is supposed to be used in DAZ Studio with the built-in Help browser (F1), but I can see now that it opens the local copy of the .pdf file. It used to open the on-line version, so it's a moot point, now.

Wait a minute... Mesh Grabber Morph Editor? That's an Add-on to the base Mesh Grabber. What did you get, exactly?

OOPS! Good catch, @Northof45! I didn't catch that detail in the previous messages.

Mesh Grabber Morph Editor is just an add on to Mesh Grabber. It isn't a standalone product. Mesh Grabber is required first.

ok well that explains it..   Silly me.. 

THANK YOU (both)

Yeah, the spidey-sense was tingling, but I couldn't place it...

edited November 2020

Well, I'm glad the mystery is solved, but I still highly recommend installing it with DIM if you can.

Edit: I mean when you get the required product.

Edit again: If you just bought the wrong product, submit a help request to return it for a refund.

Post edited by barbult on