I’ve Just installed the new version 4.14 Pro and my system crash

Hello everyone, I just install the new version 4.14 and when I try to render an scene that I render perfectly yesterday, with this new version, my machine literally shut down and restart. I have the lastest driver from Nvidia 457.30 released a few days ago 11/09/2020, and still shut it down when I do render.

My machine is I believe a powerful one 

Intel I9-9980XE 3.00GHz - Ram 128 GB - and 4 RTX 2080Ti is supposed to handle perfectly DAZ Studio as always did. 

Sadly I didn't make a backup of my older version of DAZ so I don't know what to do. 

I would like if anyone has any possible solution to this.

Thanks in advance 

Pablo

Comments

• Probably your quickest & safest bet is to file a ticket with Daz (see help in top tab line) asking for a copy of the old Daz Studio version after explaining your situation.

When you get that installed , make a duplicate copy of the whole install and rename the folder to something unique so you have that version forever and it won't get overriden.  From there you could install new 4,14 again, and work with Daz on another ticket to get your system working with 4.14 which could take a while.  All while you can use old version. 

Not sure how long turn around for ticket support is at this time.  Quite a while ago the wait was 7-10 business days.

• Check your NVIDIA Driver. Studio 4.14 requires I believe at a minimum v.451. 

I would also not recomend using the latest NVIDIA driver on offer, though that is a personal thing.

If you get the driver, get it direct form NVIDIA, not windows. Windows has a nasty habit of not using the NVIDIA driver.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,104
    edited November 2020

So, my question is, would I need a certain graphics card in order to install the latest NVIDIA driver?

Also, I don't know if I have the installer file for the v4.12 in my inventory.  I will have to search for it this evening.  But is there any way I could get a copy of the 4.12 installer, should I decide to install v4.14?

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • Probably your quickest & safest bet is to file a ticket with Daz (see help in top tab line) asking for a copy of the old Daz Studio version after explaining your situation.

When you get that installed , make a duplicate copy of the whole install and rename the folder to something unique so you have that version forever and it won't get overriden.  From there you could install new 4,14 again, and work with Daz on another ticket to get your system working with 4.14 which could take a while.  All while you can use old version. 

Not sure how long turn around for ticket support is at this time.  Quite a while ago the wait was 7-10 business days.

Thanks you for your answer, I will do as you say, I just got an earlier version of Daz how a friend of mine provide me, and I try to follow your steps from there. I didn't try to have two Daz Studio program at the same time, (beside in one time when I use the beta). Hope this solve my problem, if I got not upgrade this program I could bet is something in the system, but like I said, until the day before everything worked perfectly and the only program that get me this program is DAZ new version.

I will file a ticket as well, I know they are taking forever to answer (last time 3 weeks)

Thanks again for your help

Best 

Pablo

• Check your NVIDIA Driver. Studio 4.14 requires I believe at a minimum v.451. 

I would also not recomend using the latest NVIDIA driver on offer, though that is a personal thing.

If you get the driver, get it direct form NVIDIA, not windows. Windows has a nasty habit of not using the NVIDIA driver.

Thanks for your comment, In my case I had always version above 451 (first 453 and now 457) same scenario en both cases. I don't know where could be the real problem, because I don't see so many cases complaining about this issue, so is make me wonder what could be wrong.

Thanks again

Pablo

• marblemarble Posts: 7,482

Check your NVIDIA Driver. Studio 4.14 requires I believe at a minimum v.451. 

Thanks for your comment, In my case I had always version above 451 (first 453 and now 457) same scenario en both cases. I don't know where could be the real problem, because I don't see so many cases complaining about this issue, so is make me wonder what could be wrong.

Thanks again

Pablo

You might like to look at this thread in which I describe a similar problem. Unfortunately there's no answer for either you or me but there does seem to be a rebooting problem for some of us. Just to add that the problem for me started with BETA version 4.12.2.60 but I doubt whether there were many changes between that Beta and the 4.14 General Release.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449416/iray-preview-pc-reboot

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2020

Probably your quickest & safest bet is to file a ticket with Daz (see help in top tab line) asking for a copy of the old Daz Studio version after explaining your situation.

Thanks you for your answer, I will do as you say, I just got an earlier version of Daz how a friend of mine provide me, and I try to follow your steps from there. I didn't try to have two Daz Studio program at the same time, (beside in one time when I use the beta). Hope this solve my problem, if I got not upgrade this program I could bet is something in the system, but like I said, until the day before everything worked perfectly and the only program that get me this program is DAZ new version.

I will file a ticket as well, I know they are taking forever to answer (last time 3 weeks)

Best 

Pablo

Please note that the only way you can obtain a legal copy of any version of Daz Studio is through Daz 3d.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Chohole said:

Probably your quickest & safest bet is to file a ticket with Daz (see help in top tab line) asking for a copy of the old Daz Studio version after explaining your situation.

Best 

Pablo

Please note that the only way you can obtain a legal copy of any version of Daz Studio is through Daz 3d.

Thanks you for point it out, I just place a ticket, so I will tell them so that if they can provide me a copy of DAZ even in the case this one was a copy she save as a back up copy of her system and download from DAZ Studio, but again thanks for the remainder, not my intention to obtain nothing our of the.rules. Sadly I know there are several sites who gives assets from DAZ for free, affecting all the people who does a great job making props and assets and also us who were paying for get then legally.

Thanks for all your response 

Pablo

• marble said:

Check your NVIDIA Driver. Studio 4.14 requires I believe at a minimum v.451. 

Thanks again

Pablo

You might like to look at this thread in which I describe a similar problem. Unfortunately there's no answer for either you or me but there does seem to be a rebooting problem for some of us. Just to add that the problem for me started with BETA version 4.12.2.60 but I doubt whether there were many changes between that Beta and the 4.14 General Release.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449416/iray-preview-pc-reboot

I see your thread, I see you are keep wanting for a solution, hope this could add something else to DAZ to work on.

Thanks

Pablo