DAZ GPU usage at 0-1% - SOLVED

deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Hi experts,

I am struggling a bit in understanding how Daz utilizes GPU. I own an nVidia RTX 2080, in the render settings the device is being selected (and nothing else), and I even turned down "Allow CPU Fallback", but when I have a look at my GPU usage during rendering, GPU is used 0.5-1.0% only. Rendering of course takes a lot of time. 

Is this a normal behaviour of Daz, or can I tweak the system that it uses more of my graphics card? 

Thanks for any advice!

Post edited by deepswing on

Comments

• CUDA, which is the part of the GPU iRay uses does not show up as a major part of the GPU in things like Task Manager. You can however check the CUDA usage to see that iRay is using all the CUDA available.

• If you're using Windows Task Manager to monitor GPU usage, you need to select "CUDA" in the performance tab.

Untitled 1.png
    675 x 507 - 227K
  • Thanks guys, that's what I was searching for. Yes, it is working at 99%, that's what makes lots of more sense. Thanks for your quick help, really appreciated!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@deepswing

Give GPU-Z a try. It's a popular utility for montioring you GPU. Shows a wealth of useful information.

• fastbike1 said:

@deepswing

Give GPU-Z a try. It's a popular utility for montioring you GPU. Shows a wealth of useful information.

The "wealth of useful information" is only useful if you know  or give enough of a damn to figure out what the information means. If you're primary, or only, concern is to verify that your GPU is working, Task Manager tells you all you need to know.

• rto3drto3d Posts: 24

meganappstate said:

If you're using Windows Task Manager to monitor GPU usage, you need to select "CUDA" in the performance tab.

thank you for pointing out !