Using decals onto surfaces - Iray Foam and Bubbles

I have been trying to use the Iray Foam and Bubbles decal on the Armenazador (Lamborghini), similarly to the promo picture below. When I apply the decal to all surfaces on the car, and then apply the shaders seen below, the changes don't present and the car looks the same. How do I apply these effects? The product doesn't have a guide in the docs as far as I can tell.

Thank you!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,896

First off, Iray decals will only show up in renders or Iray previews, so have you tried rendering? Second, what exactly do you mean "apply the decal to all surfaces on the car"? These work through Iray decal nodes, which have to be positioned correctly in order to appear, and the shaders are applied to the decal nodes, not to the objects themselves. 

• Gordig said:

First off, Iray decals will only show up in renders or Iray previews, so have you tried rendering? Second, what exactly do you mean "apply the decal to all surfaces on the car"? These work through Iray decal nodes, which have to be positioned correctly in order to appear, and the shaders are applied to the decal nodes, not to the objects themselves. 

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes, I have been watching it in Iray render preview. What I did was go into the surfaces tab, thinking that it would act as a shell, seen here:

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,896
    edited November 2020

You need to place the decal first, then position it so that it's facing out. mCasual has a script to make it easier, but you can also do it manually. Then you apply the shader to the decal.

Decal.png
    1920 x 730 - 867K
    Post edited by Gordig on