Eye Rip Issue: Default Genesis 8 Female

jbarooshjbaroosh Posts: 33

Hello Everyone,

I'm having trouble with the eyes of Genesis 8 female. I've noticed that at some angles the eyes have black "rips" in them when I render. The strange thing is that in the preview the eyes sometimes look fine but then when I render the black rips occur. This is without any morphs being used on the default Genesis 8 female figure. Any idea why this is happening? Would reinstalling the Genesis 8 female help? I think this bug mostly happens when the eyes are looking to a side instead of straight ahead.

I tested this with Genesis 8 male and didn't have any problems.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: This bug only happens when the eyes are looking to the left side. If you take the Eyes Side-Side slider and put it at -100% you might be able to replicate the issue. If you're able to replicate how do you fix it?

Bug with Genesis 8 Female Eyes.png
536 x 756 - 630K
Post edited by jbaroosh on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,925

This often happens under two conditions with Iray:

1. You have moved the character far from 0,0,0 world center. Move the character back to 0,0,0 and move your environment/set instead of the character.
    2. You are rendering with Instance Optimization set to Memory, which is necessary for scenes with a large number of instances. If your scene doesn't use instances and you are using Instance Optimization value of Memory, change it to Speed. This setting is on Render Settings.
  • jbarooshjbaroosh Posts: 33
    edited November 2020
    barbult said:

This often happens under two conditions with Iray:

1. You have moved the character far from 0,0,0 world center. Move the character back to 0,0,0 and move your environment/set instead of the character.
    2. You are rendering with Instance Optimization set to Memory, which is necessary for scenes with a large number of instances. If your scene doesn't use instances and you are using Instance Optimization value of Memory, change it to Speed. This setting is on Render Settings.

Setting the Instancing Optimization to Speed fixed the issue. Before it was on Auto. Thanks so much!

Post edited by jbaroosh on