The Tribulations of "Progress"

First - I know it must have been a horrendous week for DAZ struggling through this site upgrade disaster.

Second - that does not mean my own frustration is DIMinished when I still cannot access my purchased assets through DIM days later.

Just for perspective - I am a long time DAZ customer.  Technology has improved since we used to purchase Michael and Victoria on CD-ROMS (see attached photo).  

Nonetheless - I could still get those assets installed and working right now, almost immediately, if I was inspired to create a retro image. Making a new cyberpunk image this weekend? Seems like a fleeting dream ....

Sadness overwhelms ....

IMG_0836.jpg
640 x 480 - 81K

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,260
    edited November 2020

First - I know it must have been a horrendous week for DAZ struggling through this site upgrade disaster.

Second - that does not mean my own frustration is DIMinished when I still cannot access my purchased assets through DIM days later.

Just for perspective - I am a long time DAZ customer.  Technology has improved since we used to purchase Michael and Victoria on CD-ROMS (see attached photo).  

Nonetheless - I could still get those assets installed and working right now, almost immediately, if I was inspired to create a retro image. Making a new cyberpunk image this weekend? Seems like a fleeting dream ....

Sadness overwhelms ....

Funny you should bring up the topic of those discs. Over the past couple of days I've been lamenting the days of old when we could have had our orders burnt to disk and mailed to us. However, progress is being made. Took a few, well many, attempts to get a few of the products to download completely using the manual method. Seems the servers are a little busy ;-)

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on