nVidia Iray

Hi, I have a scene which i open in Textured finish because it is quicker, when opened i select Iray, i then go to render it and each time it crashes Daz, any ideas why? Thanks

Comments

• Texture Shaded is a Viewport Drawstyle, you don't need to switch to the nVidia iray Drawstyle for rendering.

What are your hardware details, especially the GPU and memory? What GPU driver version do you have? How large is your render? What is in your scene, and have you tried a really simple scene such as a plain sphere (Create>New Primitive)?

• Texture Shaded is a Viewport Drawstyle, you don't need to switch to the nVidia iray Drawstyle for rendering.

What are your hardware details, especially the GPU and memory? What GPU driver version do you have? How large is your render? What is in your scene, and have you tried a really simple scene such as a plain sphere (Create>New Primitive)?

Tried rendering a much smaller piece was fine, Video card is a NVidea Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, CPU is 1TB, which is ample, as for the size of the render i haven't a scooby do, does the number 552.149MiB mean anything to you? i know i set the Max Time to 0 and it took just 5 n 1/2 hours. Thanks

• 6GB isn't a great deal, especially the 1060 - being a non-RTX card - gets additional code passed to it to handle the featuers that an RTX card handles in its firmware/hardware. I'm not sure what you mean by a 1TB CPU, but it certainly isn't the memory on the system (might be your disc drive size).

• petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited November 2020

6GB isn't a great deal, especially the 1060 - being a non-RTX card - gets additional code passed to it to handle the featuers that an RTX card handles in its firmware/hardware. I'm not sure what you mean by a 1TB CPU, but it certainly isn't the memory on the system (might be your disc drive size).

sorry 1tb is the disc size, i'm ok with it, it is only a hobby any editing would be done in Affinity but thanks for your help anyway

Post edited by petes images on