Shared Computer

GrapeGrandpaGrapeGrandpa Posts: 35

My wife occasionally uses my computer to do renders. Unfortunately, whenever she does, she wipes out all of my smart content! Is there a way we can either A: switch accounts without wiping each other's stuff out or B: merge our accounts. My wife (Laura VanAusdoll, email rermoved) is a very casual user, doing a couple of renders a year. Still, I don't want to discourage her from practicing our shared hobby. I also don't want to have to keep reinstalling what I KNOW is already on the computer. Help! 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2020

My wife occasionally uses my computer to do renders. Unfortunately, whenever she does, she wipes out all of my smart content! Is there a way we can either A: switch accounts without wiping each other's stuff out or B: merge our accounts. My wife (Laura VanAusdoll, email removed) is a very casual user, doing a couple of renders a year. Still, I don't want to discourage her from practicing our shared hobby. I also don't want to have to keep reinstalling what I KNOW is already on the computer. Help! 

Please remove the email address. There are bots scraping the forums and you are setting her up for more spam.

• Ascania said:

My wife occasionally uses my computer to do renders. Unfortunately, whenever she does, she wipes out all of my smart content! Is there a way we can either A: switch accounts without wiping each other's stuff out or B: merge our accounts. My wife (Laura VanAusdoll, [email protected]) is a very casual user, doing a couple of renders a year. Still, I don't want to discourage her from practicing our shared hobby. I also don't want to have to keep reinstalling what I KNOW is already on the computer. Help! 

Please remove the email address. There are bots scraping the forums and you are setting her up for more spam.

maybe it's a ploy to stop her wiping out his smart content cheeky

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,425
    edited November 2020

In Daz studio you can use Content Directory Manager (Edit>prefrences>Content tab) to set up alternative content directory sets, including separate database locations - do that with DIM closed and it should, I think, update the database path when you start it (you would, however, have to adjust the isntall apths yourself by having both configured and changing the one used using the button at the nottom of the main interface). Make a cipy of your current settings, using the buttons to the elft, before adding the new configuration.