Does Hector for Gianni 6 require head morphs?

y11971alexy11971alex Posts: 10

Hi, I don't regularly post here, so please excuse me if this is not the appropriate place for this question.  I've recently picked up Hector for Gianni 6 (store URL: https://www.daz3d.com/hector-for-gianni-6), and my Daz 3D software would prompt me with missing files under data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male\Morphs\DAZ 3D\evolution head.  A Google search suggests that these files are part of the Genesis 2 head morphs package.  I don't have this product, but neither is it listed under the required products on the product page in the store.  

The files are

• phmeyescorneabulge.dsf
  • phmeyesiiriscorrection.dsf
  • phmpupilsdilate.dsf
Post edited by y11971alex on

Comments

• It looks as if the morphs should be added to th required products, but I don't think they will make a tremendous difference to the appearance of the figure if you don't have them.

• It looks as if the morphs should be added to th required products, but I don't think they will make a tremendous difference to the appearance of the figure if you don't have them.

Thanks for the prompt reply.  But if the files aren't loaded, the resulting model looks eeriely simlar to Gianni 6.  Is there any way to tell if Hector is loaded properly?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited November 2020

The image below shows Hector's default load. If you select the "Currently Used" item in the Parameters tab (on the left side on my layout; yours may be different), you can see what's currently being called by the character. Apart from the three head morphs you mention, Hector is a custom sculpt based on Gianni 6, so he doesn't use much else. He looks a lot like Gianni because he uses Gianni's head and body at 100% (the display system was a bit different for Genesis 2 -- 1.0=100%, 0.5=50%, etc.)

The three morphs that you seem to be missing only affect the internal eye shape and structure. He'll still look as designed without them.

Clicking on the image should expand it so the sliders can be read more easily.

Hector for Gianni 6

hectorForGianni6.png
    1141 x 864 - 3M
    Post edited by vwrangler on