Move multiple products from one library to another

I have a single, huge, unweildy and unkempt Library for DAZ Studio, and I'd like to split it up into several. The obvious solution is of course to reinstall everything from scratch, but I can't help think there has to be another way. A script that moves all files and folders associated with a product from one library to another. Or ideally, that would allow me to move every piece of clothing from one library to another.

I can't be the first person who's had this idea, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• unless you have a lot of older content, and have updated to newer versions, so you have unusable remnants, e.g. dso as opposed to dsf files,daz vs duf, you don't really need to reinstall, just organize.

This unfortunately isn't going to be something you can automate by a script.

Between files being compressed or uncompressed, various asset definitions, link files,and a myriad of other variables, a script couldn't do it.

So you're stuck with manually moving it around.

• beginnersMindbeginnersMind Posts: 4
    edited December 2020

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

unless you have a lot of older content, and have updated to newer versions, so you have unusable remnants, e.g. dso as opposed to dsf files,daz vs duf, you don't really need to reinstall, just organize.

This unfortunately isn't going to be something you can automate by a script.

Between files being compressed or uncompressed, various asset definitions, link files,and a myriad of other variables, a script couldn't do it.

So you're stuck with manually moving it around.

Thanks, still kind of sucks though. I gave doing it manually a go, and I understand what you're saying. There's no naming convention, nothing to identify what files belong to which products. Which, when you think about it, is a little insane. E.g. you install a piece of clothing, made up of typically three different folders which can be called three different things. It's like someone deliberately made it difficult to automate the move/uninstall process.

Post edited by beginnersMind on