OBJ loses one vertex

I made a shirt and am now trying to make some JCMs for it, so I fit it to G8M dev load, raise the right arm, and export. In DS, the shirt has 25,995 vertices, but when I import it into C4D (I also tried Blender to make sure it wasn't just a C4D thing), one vertex is lost, leaving me with 25,994. This means that I can't import the changed OBJ as a morph. Clearly it's not a case of accidentally exporting at high resolution or with SubD applied, so can anyone think of a reason why just one vertex would go missing? The number of faces is unchanged, it's just one ghost vertex, and the same thing happens even if I just export the shirt by itself. The base OBJ of the shirt has the higher vertex count, so DS isn't somehow adding a vertex, either. Whahappen?

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,592

In the OBJ Export Options from DS, do you have remove unused vertices checked?

- Greg

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,896
    edited November 2020

I don't, but thank you for the suggestion. Anything else in here that might be to blame?

objexport.png
    900 x 958 - 51K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

One could think, it is not a good idea to ignore anything when facing problems, so "Ignore Invisible Nodes"