Loading obj morphs into DS

Greetings,

I have several obj items that I'd like to use in DS 4.12  They have morphs which open doors, turn tires and the like while in blender.  However, it is tedious to go to blender, open the door and then save the obj (originally a fbx if that matters) and then import back into DS over and over again as I change one thing in a scene.

Is there any way to import either the fbx or the obj into DS with working morphs?  Thanks

Comments

• barcgwcc said:

Greetings,

I have several obj items that I'd like to use in DS 4.12  They have morphs which open doors, turn tires and the like while in blender.  However, it is tedious to go to blender, open the door and then save the obj (originally a fbx if that matters) and then import back into DS over and over again as I change one thing in a scene.

Is there any way to import either the fbx or the obj into DS with working morphs?  Thanks

Nope.

One has the prop/figure {not .obj but a proper D/S file} loaded in D/S. Make a morph for it then in Blender and export out the morphed .obj file. In D/S use the Morpher Loader Pro to bring in the morphed .obj and make the morph in the prop/figure. If it works as intended, zero the morph and save the morph then carry on.

• Are you sure you mean morphs? A morph moves vertices in a straight line from their start point to the morphed point, so it does not do well for rotations - that would usually be a job for rigging.