Broken scene file links

I moved house yesterday and when I set up my PC again I get texture links that can't be found on scene files I've saved. I notice that my drive letters for external drives where my libraries are have changed. Loading scene assets and other stuff if fine, but the scene files I've saved have broken links. I can't remember the old drive letters I used to have... thought about renaming them back to what they were.... would that fix the problem? I can re-link the missing textures but it's a long process to find them all as the scenes load.

Any advice would be welcome. Moving places has been a total PITA finding where I've put all my stuff... right now I'm eating scrambled eggs... with a comb... out of a shoe! [joking].

Comments

• Changing the drive letters should solve the problem.

If you don't remember the drive letters, you can decompress the DUF files, and search for JPG, or PNG to figure out the old designations.

For future reference, i'd suggest putting a label on the external drive as to it's drive letter.

I actually do this for my server drives, so i don't have to play the guessing game when i need to replace one.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Thank you very much. I'll give that a go.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I've read up a bit on changing drive letters and apparently it can be risky. Seeing as all my installed content works fine and the problem only affects my recently saved scenes I've decided not to tempt fate. I can manually link the broken texture links if I have to. Thanks for your help.