Problem Installing Daz On New PC

Initially all seemed fine as I began the installation, I directed it to my D Drive as it's completely virgin and Under Program Files in that Drive is now a Daz 3D folder, but inside was only DazCentral1. The Daz Central icon appeared, but not the one for Daz Studio itself, though as all the stages of the installation occurred as expected I assumed it must be installed. Next in Daz Central (which I've never used before, but it was this which came up to install) I found I was invited to begin installing recent orders, but as each product installs individually, unlike DIM, I installed DIM also directing that to my D Drive and it's there along with DazCentral1. As I assumed that Daz Studio 12 (64 bit) was already installed I logged-in to DIM expecting to see my 3000 packages listed, but instead there were only a few essentials to start up with, so I went to install those only to find that Daz Studio 12 was in that list, which baffled me. Shortly that installation was the 4th in the install list and other prior items weren't installing as they had nowhere to go to, but once that had installed I found the DS 12 icon appear on my screen, but I also noticed that it had installed to the C Drive when DIM itself is in the D Drive! So for some reason DS 12 never installed in the first place to the D Drive, but why didn't it when the Program Files for it are there? So I went to uninstall it from the C Drive (and it's Properties state it's on the C Drive), but in the Control Panel it doesn't appear in the Uninstall list (though Daz Central and DIM do). I went into Settings just in case it was there under Apps, but it's not. So how do I uninstall it so I can begin again directing it to the D Drive?

Comments

• Prince WaoPrince Wao Posts: 373
    edited October 2020

I've now uninstalled it via DIM, but when I go back to install Daz Studio again it again installs to the C Drive not the D Drive, despite that I have both Daz Connect and DIM in the D Drive.

Is there a way to simply install Daz Studio 12 without having to go via Daz Connect First?

I find going via Connect frustrating as the on screen directions direct one to clicking on a tab at the bottom left, but both times I've tried installing DS nothing appears there; when it looks like Daz is installing, it's not, and then when what appears to be the install is over a new bar comes up with a message like 'install will start after the previous installs', but WHAT install will start after WHICH previous ones? And then that new bar stays blank forever. Please help!

Post edited by Prince Wao on
  • Did you set the base drive to use in daz Central, or the paths for content and applications in DIM (gear icon at top-right)? Where you install the isntallers has no bearing on the location they use to place their own installations.

• Did you set the base drive to use in daz Central, or the paths for content and applications in DIM (gear icon at top-right)? Where you install the isntallers has no bearing on the location they use to place their own installations.

I really have no idea what I'm doing! Via Daz Central I've got Studio 12 to install on my D Drive. I read somewhere not to install it into Program Files (I've been scouring through lots of Forum threads) so I created a Folder for it called My Daz Content, but I've no clue if that was a good idea. In Central I also tried changing the DIM path, but I'm totally at a loss re these things, and although when I open DS there are some G8 F&M files there whatever else I try to install appear as blank thumbnails which when clicked on give the option to install them, but they don't. Meanwhile other things I've tried to install such as DM's Memorial fail to install altogether. What I need is a clear set of instruction what to do regarding where to put the various folders, what to call them if necessary, and how to get the DIM path correctly worded.

On the D Drive I have a have a Program Files folder which leads to a Daz 3D folder, then Daz3DIM1 & DazCentral1 folders. The only other self-created Folder on the D Drive is My Daz Content inside of which is Applications folder, inside which are 64-bit & Data folders. In the 64-bit folder are Applications & Daz3D folders, the Applications also going to 64-bit & Data, the 64-bit leading to Daz 3D which leads to the PostgreSQL CMS folder. In the original/first Data folder it's: Daz 3D: Content Database, Install Manager & My Daz 3D Library folders.

I probably need to start from scratch, but at least DS12 is itself in the D Drive now.

• This thread can be deleted. I've just discovered that there's not enough room on my D Drive to install all my content as well as the Daz components. I need a new drive.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,296

I personally prefer to have Daz Studio install on the C Drive and the content on the backup drive.