DForm not spawning morphs

DafaDafa Posts: 97

Hello,

How do I reset my DForm tool? It seems to be bugged. I tried to spawn a morph but despite all efforts it doesn't generate the Morph at all. 

Post edited by Dafa on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Not knowing the specifics, here's a quick run through of the steps to spawn a morph from a D-Former:

Ensure the D-Former Base and Field are parented to the proper location. Set up your field (sphere or weight-mapped), then set the D-Former to the maximum effect that you want to use. Select the object to which the D-Former is attached, then spawn the morph from the DForm tab. A new controller should appear on the object with the name you specify. Reset your D-Former to zero, and try the new controller. You should get the same full effect at 100%.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Figures using parametric joint parameters won't work and need to be converted to weightmapping.

• DafaDafa Posts: 97

I'm doing trying to morph a door that was exported in as an obj. I've attached the door with a D-Former, moved the base to be a hinge, and increased the field so everything is influenced. The D-Former itself works just fine It's just DAZ Studio not adding the morph onto the door. I've selected the actual object parenting the D-Former stuff (which is what I've always done) and well, nothing. No Morph Parameter appeared.

So I was wondering if there was a way to reset the DForm tool. I think the D-Form tool itself is bugged.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Don't know of any specific reset other than restarting Studio to see if it behaves next time.

• DafaDafa Posts: 97

I'm an idiot. I figured out the problem ._.